Thread: Track Database Problems

Default Track Database Problems

After unzipping 2 routes, (Strasburg Railroad 1970's versions & The Scale Rail Lehigh Valley Route) they failed to load on the train simulator activity route. What is the problems with the TD?

You need to post the complete and exact error for us to help you.

Cheers
    Derek
    Cheers
    Derek

I'll take a guess and say you haven't downloaded and installed xTracks or Scale Rail?

Paul :-)

Here's what i know based off of my knowledge - the codec for the td file in the Lehigh Valley is -00022+00028.td and for strasburg 1970's it is: -00022+00027 i'm not sure what that means.

do i need both of them to have any success?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallingup90 View Post
    Here's what i know based off of my knowledge - the codec for the td file in the Lehigh Valley is -00022+00028.td and for strasburg 1970's it is: -00022+00027 i'm not sure what that means.
    The td is NOT a 'codec' (whatever that is) and has absolutely nothing to do with the Track Database.
    The td file is a routes quad tree data.
    Read the following for an brief explaination as to the function of the td file: http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/rt_fold.html
    Scroll down to the eighth entry down for the \TD explaination.
    But dont stop there!! Scroll down and really read the entire tutorial. Near the end you will find an explaination of the Track Database, but please don't skip anything in between or you will not have a complete understanding of how all these files work together.

And while your at it a very good tutorial of what folders do in MSTS. http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/h...ders_work.html

You are not reading the response (post #2) to your question you asked and instead are posting meaningless incorrect speculation which has nothing to do with your problem.

If you want help then please answer the question posed to you in post #2.
    Last edited by Vince; 11-15-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

When you DO recreate the error, while the error message window is "up", hit Ctrl+C which should copy the error message to the clipboard. If you don't copy anything else, you can then paste the message either to a text document (to save) or right into the editor window here. If you're not getting an actual error message, but the routes just aren't showing up, then state that.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Fallingup90 View Post
    do i need both of them to have any success?
    I had a look at the readmes' from both routes. The Strasburg route doesn't list anything you need BUT... I can't think of a single route that does not need xtracks and New Roads... Just get the most current version, the are backwards compatible. Both are available in the library here. The Lehigh Valley Route needs both of these as well.

Paul :-)