Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TrainSim.RU - great Russian MSTS site !

One thing to bear in mind when downloading from new sites is the need to at least have some antivirus protection for safety's sake. I bring this up here because the only times I've run into virus-infected MSTS files were from trainsim.ru and train-sim-ro, but note that this was a little over a year ago. I hope the site admins there have done some clean up, but ... best to be careful. Here's the list of bad files that I encountered:

From Russia, all infected with the Backdoor.Graybird virus:

ER2_K_1321.RAR
    ER2_1274.RAR
    ER2_1487.RAR
    ER2_patch.exe

From Romania, infected with the Heuristic.ADH virus:

LE 5100 Megapack

Watch out for these. Maybe they're okay by now; I don't know.

That out of the way, I also want to say that I have enjoyed many hours running Russian, Ukrainian, and other Eastern European trains and routes. They're wonderful, they'll knock your eyes out, and I can only wonder at how many hours those talented trainsimmers in the east have worked to create such fine stuff. Having lived for a short time in the former Soviet Union, when I run a VL-10 or DR-1 dmu, I feel some deja vu. Their railroads and trains are all very familiar, but also very different. It's amazing to think, too, that during the Cold War days, the USSR operated the biggest railroad in the world! So, I say Spasiba trainsim.ru.
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

Born and raised in Brooklyn N.Y., now live in Hamilton Township, N.J., USA.

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    One thing to bear in mind when downloading from new sites is the need to at least have some antivirus protection for safety's sake. I bring this up here because the only times I've run into virus-infected MSTS files were from trainsim.ru and train-sim-ro, but note that this was a little over a year ago. I hope the site admins there have done some clean up, but ... best to be careful. Here's the list of bad files that I encountered:

ER2_K_1321.RAR
    ER2_1274.RAR
    ER2_1487.RAR
    ER2_patch.exe

LE 5100 Megapack

That out of the way, I also want to say that I have enjoyed many hours running Russian, Ukrainian, and other Eastern European trains and routes. They're wonderful, they'll knock your eyes out, and I can only wonder at how many hours those talented trainsimmers in the east have worked to create such fine stuff. Having lived for a short time in the former Soviet Union, when I run a VL-10 or DR-1 dmu, I feel some deja vu. Their railroads and trains are all very familiar, but also very different. It's amazing to think, too, that during the Cold War days, the USSR operated the biggest railroad in the world! So, I say Spasiba trainsim.ru.
    Dave, Are these EMUs for MSTS?

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!! May we all have a fowl day!
    Last edited by GG12332; 11-25-2010 at 03:07 AM.
    Thanks in Advance! Sincerely,
    Joseph "Joe" Anthony Marchetti

Please visit my LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/in/josephamarchetti and recommend me. Suggestions welcomed!

I recently downloaded ALL the stuff from trainsim.RU (back in October) and train-sim.RO (just yesterday) and didn't get a single virus warning.

The only MSTS site that ever gave me such a warning (dropper virus) was bahnsimulation.de, a popular German site.

But you're right, keeping your guards up can't hurt, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GG12332 View Post
    Dave, Are these EMUs for MSTS?

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!! May we all have a fowl day!
    Yes, the ER series are EMUs, built in Riga, the capital of Latvia, but ran on Moscow commuter lines. I believe the electric ERs and diesel DRs shared the same car-body design.

Glad to hear they're safe to download now. Here's a good video of the DR-1A.

- FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

Yes, the ER series are EMUs, built in Riga, the capital of Latvia, but ran on Moscow commuter lines. I believe the electric ERs and diesel DRs shared the same car-body design.

Glad to hear they're safe to download now. Here's a good video of the DR-1A.

Dave, I know they are EMUs, but are they for MSTS or another game like GTA?

Please visit my LinkedIn page at http://www.linkedin.com/in/josephamarchetti and recommend me. Suggestions welcomed!

I just downloaded those two Steamers. P36's?
    and a bunch of cars, plus a route. Now for a mini install.

@ GG12332

Yes, these EMUs are for MSTS, like all the other stuff on trainsim.ru, too.

I've had the Demitrov (which is fictional) route for about a year now; it has some outstanding activities (that come in English!) that are great fun to drive. As well, the environment files from this route are so good that I've actually packaged them to use in all my other routes.

To second what was said by GoGoran, I've never had a virus from *any* Eastern European site. But keeping your guard up is always good advice.

Cheers,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoran View Post
    @ GG12332

Yes, these EMUs are for MSTS, like all the other stuff on trainsim.ru, too.
    Thank you, Goran!!!

ER2_K_1321.RAR
    ER2_1274.RAR
    ER2_1487.RAR
    ER2_patch.exe

LE 5100 Megapack

Dave, Are you sure those ER2 files are from Trainsim.ru? Since their files have a prefix of tsrEMU_ER2, in the case of a EMU ER2 and these files don't have them.
    Last edited by GG12332; 11-26-2010 at 03:12 AM.