Thread: Computer Crash!

Default Computer Crash!

Hey everyone!! Sorry to inform you but I got hacked into on my computer and its toast! I have lost all of my projects and might never be able to return to MSTS again since I dont have the disks any more! I have backed up what I can of MSTS and hopefuly will be able to install it into my new computer when I get one but it wont be for awile! The hackers changed my password in my computer so Im not able to log into it. I just wanted to inform everyone about this and let you know I might not return on Trainsim for awile.

Thanks

Brandon
    NOTHING Like Chasing the Milwaukee Road 261 at 60 MPH

Worst case scenario, go to a reputable repair shop and they will be able to reformat your hard disk and get rid of the hackers damage, you will loose all your data, but you don't need a new computer. Now it may be that a reputable repair shop will be able to get around the problems the hackers introduced, and restore or capture a lot of you data. Even though MSTS isn't cheap anymore, it is still available. If you try, you will be able to purchase new disks. All computers fail eventually. Keep disks that you really have to have in a safe storage environment. This is an important point for all.

Sorry to hear that 261. Hope you can find the new discs and restart your projects. BTW, who was the hacker?

Quote Originally Posted by 261Steam View Post
    Hey everyone!! Sorry to inform you but I got hacked into on my computer and its toast! The hackers changed my password in my computer so Im not able to log into it. I just wanted to inform everyone about this and let you know I might not return on Trainsim for awile.

Thanks

Brandon
    Brandon,
    Don't panic, all is not lost. First, immediately disconnect your computer from the internet. Second, tell us what OS you were running and if you have the OS installation disks. Third, do you have a CD drive in this computer? Fourth, do you have a USB drive to copy key files to?

We'll walk you thru some steps to see if we can get you back up. We can at least save all your files.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

thanks guys! I got MSTS backed up! But I have been plaining on getting a new computer any ways for a few months now! I got Windows Vista and Microsoft doesnt support it any more and I would also like a new computer because it would be alot more powerful then the one I have now! The computer is 5 years old any ways. Im not too worried my dad said that he talked to Best Buy and we can bring it in and they can hack into it for us and back the computer up for free. Then possibly fix it up or if I want just get a new computer and install all of my old hardware into the new computer. I have alot of stuff on here that I dont want any more and its taking up alot of space too. I am just thinking a new computer is the way to go just for what I do with MSTS and every thing.

Brandon
    Last edited by plainsman; 01-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    NOTHING Like Chasing the Milwaukee Road 261 at 60 MPH