Thread: Crossing arm stuck in up position

Default Crossing arm stuck in up position

On the Boston & Albany route (a freeware route which uses a lot of default objects), crossing arms are stuck in the up position. The lights flash and sounds are audible but the crossing arms do not move.

Does anyone know of an easy way to fix this?

Bloomington, IN (Close to the old Monon and modern day Indiana Rail Road)

Are the crossing signals default, or add-on content? In the route editor, you might try to select the crossing arm, and check the "animate" box to see if that does anything. However, this will not work if they are Jovet's signals that activate prototypically.
    Shawn B.
    Conductor / Student Locomotive Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by FLWBStrainman View Post
    Are the crossing signals default, or add-on content? In the route editor, you might try to select the crossing arm, and check the "animate" box to see if that does anything. However, this will not work if they are Jovet's signals that activate prototypically.
    It appears to be the default crossing_sign02.s file.

Do you know how to select objects within the Route Editor? As I said, it might solve your problem if you select this object and check the "animate" box. I believe it's under the "properties" tab, but I'm not positive. Do you get this issue at one crossing or multiple ones?
    Shawn B.

Default .

Do you know how to select objects within the Route Editor? As I said, it might solve your problem if you select this object and check the "animate" box. I believe it's under the "properties" tab, but I'm not positive. Do you get this issue at one crossing or multiple ones?
    The problem seems to exist on all crossings with this route.

I'm not good with the route editor but I did try copying a version of the same file from another route (in which the problem does not exist) but that did not fix the problem.

Perhaps you could try emailing the route's author. There should be contact info in the readme file. He can give you better insight than me. But based on what you've said, it seems like there is not an issue with the file itself; it sounds like it has something to do with the way they're configured in the mentioned route. Probably something you can edit in the route editor. But again, your best bet is to check with the route's creator.
    Last edited by FLWBStrainman; 01-27-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    Shawn B.

Perhaps you could try emailing the route's author. There should be contact info in the readme file. He can give you better insight than me. But based on what you've said, it seems like there is not an issue with the file itself; it sounds like it has something to do with the way they're configured in the mentioned route. Probably something you can edit in the route editor. But again, your best bet is to check with the route's creator.
    Okay, thanks.

On the Maris Pass route theres one problem with 1 railroad crossing
    When I start at west coram, and you move your train, the first railroad crossing gate is up. How do you fix this?
    P.S. I'm going to reinstal the game becuase the editors and tools will not open so I need to wait until my dad gets home.

I would strongly advise NOT re-installing the game, it may lead to more trouble than it's worth. You should probably wait to see if you can resolve the issue. If you do a little digging around on these forums, you might be able to solve your problem.
    Shawn B.

The stuck crossings I found are when the road is too close to a track switch and/or the tracks are 3 or more in parallel. I'm not familiar with these routes per se, but I'd bet if one were to drive on a dfferent track and/or move the road and signal away from the switch (not easy if you don't know RE) this would show the gate does indeed work. Happens to me on MLT's GTA route along the lakeshore branch and is frustrating.