Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SD70 Volume 2 DLC, Missing stuff!

Default SD70 Volume 2 DLC, Missing stuff!

Anyone else have this problem?

I have bought the SD70 Volume 2 DLC on Steam. But I am missing the BNSF Executive livery engine, and also missing the "Return of the Mac" scenario. I have checked in the game folders for the BNSF engine, there is a Default(Orange BNSF), BNSF_Whisper(Whisper Cab, looks absolute identical to "Default" BNSF in game), CN, and NS folders. No folder for a BNSF Executive engine. Loading the SD70 SanBar-B free roam scenario, there is no BNSF Executive loco, and then going into scenario editor there is none listed with the other SD70's. The engine is completely missing. Im also wondering if this engine is used in the "Return of the Mac" scenario, because that scenario is also missing. I know others have this scenario because I have seen posts about it.

It seems that the BNSF executive is also the only MAC in the package, so without this engine I dont even have the MAC shape file to use with repaints if I ever downloaded any. I think the rest of the engines (BNSF orange, CN, NS) are all ACe's or maybe M-2's? Not really sure on the details exactly, but I know the BNSF Exec. has different shaped windows then all the rest.

I have "verified cache" on steam, nothing. I have gone in the RW folder and deleted the SD70 Volume 2 folder, then "verified cache" again to force Steam the download the DLC again, still missing these two things. What gives?

I feel ripped off, I paid for the DLC, I should at least get everything that is advertised as being included with it. Im not feeling very happy with RSC right now....

Has anyone else had or noticed this problem, or am I unique?

In my RSC assets folder are 3 other folders for the SD70. They are SD70pack01, SD70pack02 and SD70pack03. That BNSF engine is in SD70pack03 on my system.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Tro1086 View Post
    I have "verified cache" on steam, nothing. I have gone in the RW folder and deleted the SD70 Volume 2 folder, then "verified cache" again to force Steam the download the DLC again, still missing these two things. What gives?

I feel ripped off, I paid for the DLC, I should at least get everything that is advertised as being included with it. Im not feeling very happy with RSC right now....
    I would think filing a report with your local Attorney General (if in the US) or the EU Commission for trading standards (if in Europe) would be in its place here. At least here in Europe, false advertising is something that is not seen upon with positive eyes by the authorities.

So if others have it, then something must be wrong on your end. No need to rant about legalities until you know for certain that this happened to 100% of the purchasers (because Steam/RSC do not single out users).

Would you mind posting pictures of all that you have?

The SD70 Volume 2 Add-On contains:

* SD70ACe in BNSF livery
    * SD70MAC in BNSF Executive livery
    * SD70M-2 in Norfolk Southern livery
    * SD70M-2 in Canadian National livery

7 scenarios:

* Free roam – SD70s at Barstow
    * Free roam – SD70s at Monument
    * Four minutes of Fun – You are driving an SD70ACe doing freight duties around San Bernardino Yard. You have a few minutes until your freight cars are delivered so sit back and enjoy the yard activity before starting work.
    * Black Wheat – Use your SD70M-2 to sort hoppers at Monument Granary, ready for departure.
    * Return of the Mac – Career System scenario – Starting at Victorville, drive an SD70Mac coal train to Barstow.
    * Race to the Summit – Career System scenario – You are one of two trains heading up to the summit. You are the priority train, but as a bit of friendly rivalry you are seeing who will reach the summit first. Once at the top, drive to Hesperia.
    * Springs for the Springs – Career System scenario – Starting at Larkspur with a pair of SD70M-2 engines, head north to collect some metalwork needed in a delivery to Colorado Springs. Then return to Larkspur where the last freight cars will be added.
    Last edited by Trainguy76; 02-12-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    Brave the forest, brave the stone,
    Brave the icy winds and fire,
    Braved and beat them on my own,
    Yet I'm helpless by the river.

Can you please elaborate on what this "Executive" livery is, for us non-Americans ??
    If it's that yukky Cream & Green livery, then that is the only SD70MAC loco in the download, which is what folks will use for repaints, etc, isn't it ???

Cheerz. ex-railwayman

Executive livery would indeed be the creme and green of the former BN.
    http://jokel317.proboards57.com
    SEMOFW (Southeast Missouri Freight Works) Beta Tester
    Improbable is the key not Impossible

This DLC and others must work out of the box, no READMEs or other install instructions being required.

It has installed 2 new folders in Assets\RSC SD70Pack02 and 03 and all supplied with it scenarios are present.

The Return to the Mac is a Career scenario and all it's 5 locos are emitting smoke but again the player loco is the only one it's engine responding when throttling it up !

Will test their engine BIN and LUAs with the Dash-9 to check whether that makes a difference to the latter's helper missing exhaust smoke.

O t t o

All I have for SD70's in my Assets/RSC folder is SD70Pack01 and SD70Pack02. So it sounds like I am missing the SD70Pack03 folder. It is my understanding there are only two SD70 DLC's currently available, the original (UP and 1989 DRGW), and the Volume 2(BNSF, CN, NS). I have both of these DLC's. Why would they have split the BNSF Exec. livery into a separate Pack03 folder, when it comes with the Volume 2 DLC which is in the Pack02 folder.

I think my next step is contacting RSC, but it sounds like all anyone ever gets from them is an automated response. Well see what happens. Ill keep you all posted if this gets anywhere. In the meantime I am open to any other comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tro1086 View Post
    All I have for SD70's in my Assets/RSC folder is SD70Pack01 and SD70Pack02. So it sounds like I am missing the SD70Pack03 folder. It is my understanding there are only two SD70 DLC's currently available, the original (UP and 1989 DRGW), and the Volume 2(BNSF, CN, NS). I have both of these DLC's. Why would they have split the BNSF Exec. livery into a separate Pack03 folder, when it comes with the Volume 2 DLC which is in the Pack02 folder.

I think my next step is contacting RSC, but it sounds like all anyone ever gets from them is an automated response. Well see what happens. Ill keep you all posted if this gets anywhere. In the meantime I am open to any other comments.
    Delete the SD70Pack02 folder and then have STEAM/RW do a Verify Cache.

Could be that there was a hickup during downloading ?

I only got the Volume 2 download which installed both the SD70Pack02 and SD70Pack03 folders.

O t t o

I have already tried deleting both the SD70Pack01 and 02 folders and "verify cache" to make steam re-download/install both of these DLC's and still missing the Pack03/BNSF Exec and said scenario afterwords. Apparently Steam/whoever, thinks I am not worthy of owning this stuff which I have paid for.