Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SD70 Volume 2 DLC, Missing stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Tro1086 View Post
    I have already tried deleting both the SD70Pack01 and 02 folders and "verify cache" to make steam re-download/install both of these DLC's and still missing the Pack03/BNSF Exec and said scenario afterwords. Apparently Steam/whoever, thinks I am not worthy of owning this stuff which I have paid for.
    Last resort delete this below and the SD70Pack02 folder and do another Verify Cache.

That still not working then load your shotgun and let RS.com have it if they do not come up with a solution !

O t t o

Otto, I tried as you showed, deleting the .ncf and SD70 folder, still no dice.

I see you have three SD70 .ncf files. I only have two. I do not have a .ncf file for the SD70mac. If these .ncf files are what tell steam that you have this DLC, then without it, all the verifying in the world will never tell it to DL the MAC. Im not sure thou, because even after deleting the m-2 .ncf, it still re-downloaded the SD70Pack02 folder, so Im not sure what to think.

I think my next step is contacting RSC, but it sounds like all anyone ever gets from them is an automated response. Well see what happens. Ill keep you all posted if this gets anywhere. In the meantime I am open to any other comments.
    I have a 100% hit rate for getting a human response within a few days of sending an email to RS.com. I expect that it helps a lot if you make sure it is written politely as no employee of any company in a civilised country is required to read abuse as part of their job. If the people on forums who foam at the mouth about getting the initial automated response write their emails to RS.com the same way they write on forums you can see why they get no responses. In any case this is an issue about your computer and what is causing the Steam client to not work, so best to go through Steam Support.

On the topic of deleting .ncf files, what happens when you do this is that the Steam client will check the list of games in your account against the .ncf files present and offer installation for those that are missing. In the case where it's DLC instead of a game, if the parent game is installed then any DLC not registered as installed will download automatically.

One possibility about what has caused your computer to incorrectly download the DLC is that your copy of the Steam client has become corrupted. To repair this delete everything in the Steam folder except Steam.exe and the steamapps folder, then double-click Steam.exe to begin an installation repair.

Another one is that you might have an ISP that employs a bandwidth restriction on Steam traffic, and this restriction has caused your Steam client to register an incomplete download as completed. Contact your ISP to find out their policies on Steam users.
    Last edited by transadelaide1; 02-13-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainFreak View Post
    I would think filing a report with your local Attorney General (if in the US) or the EU Commission for trading standards (if in Europe) would be in its place here. At least here in Europe, false advertising is something that is not seen upon with positive eyes by the authorities.
    I also imagine that frivolous complaints are frowned upon as well. So far we have had no indication that Tro1086 has even attempted to get Valve's support in resolving the problem, so I call bullshit on this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by transadelaide1 View Post
    I also imagine that frivolous complaints are frowned upon as well. So far we have had no indication that Tro1086 has even attempted to get Valve's support in resolving the problem, so I call bullshit on this suggestion.
    If any company advertises something for sale here in the UK and having purchased whatever then is not or does not do what has been claimed in the advertisement or in a sales catalogue then it has contravened the UK Sale of Goods Act and is liable to be prosecuted !

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/aft...knowyourrights

STEAM/Valve appears to be selling on-line in the UK and would be subject to the UK's Consumer Protection laws if anything is purchased from them for supply in the UK ?

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk

And in any case the creator of RW and supplier of it's DLCs is a UK company !

O t t o

Thanks for the comments guys. Maybe I will try a repair install of Steam next. I still havnt contacted RW or Steam support. Dealing with online support is not exactly on the top of my 'to do' list haha!

Its probably not necessary to discuss legal matters thou. I dont plan on getting a lawyer and pursuing anyone over one incomplete $19 DLC item.

I am also missing the same loco (SD70MAC), scenario and directory and scenario.

I purchased the SD70 Volume 2 Add-On as part of the recent "big" package of routes and assets.

The RailSimulator.com site does still list the MAC as part of the Volume 2 Add-On so something appears to have changed for recent purchasers.

Hopefull this glitch will be repaired and we will eventually get our "MAC".

GaryG

I finally talked myself into getting the "mega-pack" too and that is also how I got the SD70 Volume 2 add-on. Sounds like maybe for some reason there is a difference between getting the pack on its own and getting it with the bundle. Kinda makes me wonder if there's anything else missing.

Kinda makes me wonder if there's anything else missing.
    RS.com no longer supplying DLCs of IHH rolling stock after next Tuesday, is the sale of the Mega Pack containing some also coming to an end on the same day ?

That's one of the problems with them posting on various web sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc, difficult and time wasting to find out what is going on !

O t t o

I think the mega pack sale ends monday (14th) which my gues is a big reason they are "waiting" to discontinue the IHH stuff till tuesday (15th). The mega pack includes every single RW DLC item released thru steam to date, so it includes any of the IHH products that were released on steam, including stuff from many other third party creators.