Thread: Problem re-saving an activity in AE

Unhappy Problem re-saving an activity in AE

I am trying to convert "Metrolink to San Bernadino (sic)" from Cajon 3ML to Cajon 4. I am using the updated paths that were posted in the f/l for a short time. When I run the activity, I get a popup saying "Service Metrolink to San Bernadino is out of date. Please re-save in Activity Editor". I say "OK" and another popup says "Service San Bernadino-Old May 1 .....", to which I say "OK". I get another popup that says "Service Fullerton-Hobart4 ....." so I say "OK". The Sim has dropped to the task bar. If I "Alt-Tab" twice, MSTS opens and the activity runs normally. I opened it in AE, tried to save but the "Save" was greyed out. I did a "Save As" to another name, but it didn't save it. I tried opening up the services that were mentioned, inspected the paths, then did a "Save" but it didn't. I tried this on my XP box (SP3), and also on the Win7 box, running as administrator, and both as Win7 and as compatibility mode for Win XP.
    I have successfully made some minor changes to activities before and they worked OK. I have read all of the tutorials that I can find and and also Rich Garber's Activity Guide. If anyone has a clue as to that I'm doing wrong (or not doing right) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Pat Herndon

Last edited by ronaldparkin; 02-27-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: more info
    " To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
    Paul Ehrlich

Hi Ron,
    Thank you for the suggestions, but that is exactly what I was doing (at least that's what I thought I was doing). I kept saving, but the date/time on the file never changed and I kept getting the same error messages. In my mini-route I have both Cajon3ML and Cajon4. I decided to look in the Cajon3ML Activities folder and sure nuff the .act had the date/time from the save I just did. I copied the file to the Cajon4 folder, but got the same error messages. Finally, the elevator got to the top floor. I opened up the .act file and it said the route was "Cajon3". I changed it to "Cajon4", reopened the .act in AE, and this time when I opened AE I got the "service out of date messages". I re-saved it, fired up MSTS and all is well. I think I'm on the track to living happily ever after (at least in this instance). I learned that you gotta make sure the activity is for the correct route.
    Thanks again for your help.

Pat