Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: msts settings

oops sorry about that I have a asus ve2028t. what happened was I installed the drivers and then after installing msts I saw in the start menu the card settings. then like a dummy I just had to mess with it. I changed my display settings now I'm scared to touch it. I turned on aliasing or how ever you spell it and turned it back off along with other things then reset all the settings to no avail. msts looks great no stretch on the screen or anything but it will not reach those resolutions any more. they worked at first but well you know I hosed them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    I have a asus ve2028t.
    Just googled "asus ve2028t" and message was "Your search - asus ve2028t - did not match any documents."

Is this a desktop monitor? In the OP, you say you have a 5670 graphics card, which is an ATI card. Ignoring the moron's "d-oh" above, what is the native resolution of your monitor? As Bob says above, that will determine you maximum resolution. If it's a widescreen monitor, you may need to play some tricks with Catalyst to achieve scaling at maximum resolution (see http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/ati_scaling.html for help in achieving GPU scaling and maximum resolution).
    Yuri, Former Charter Member
    Webmaster, The steam4me site MSTS Tutorials & AU Add-Ons
    http://msts.steam4me.net

I would have removed my "moronic" remark after I posted but that would have ruined the flow of the thread.

Sometimes we type really stupid and realize too late

Harold

Quote Originally Posted by steam4me View Post
    If it's a widescreen monitor, you may need to play some tricks with Catalyst to achieve scaling at maximum resolution
    Depending on the monitor, the scaling options should be right in the displays option menu.

I’ve run both an Nvidia GTX 580 and ATI 5870 on the 24” LCD mentioned before and haven’t had to use the scaling options in the CCC or Nvidia’s control panel. Using the 1:1 option works perfectly fine.
    Asus Maximus VI Extreme Intel Z87, Intel Core i7-4770K, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB PC3-19200 (2400MHz), EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN SuperClocked, Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD (Windows 8.1 Pro 64)/Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD (Programs), CaseLabs Merlin SM8 with Corsair AX1200 PSU

thanks guys I will try this I will get back to u as soon as I can. got to go to school 4 awhile Ok it is 20.0" lcd w tft with 1600x900 resolution will that help? it is a desktop monitor.
    Last edited by kevhead; 03-01-2011 at 03:27 PM.

thanks guys I will try this I will get back to u as soon as I can. got to go to school 4 awhile Ok it is 20.0" lcd w tft with 1600x900 resolution will that help? it is a desktop monitor.
    If the monitors native/maximum resolution is 1600x900 the best you're going to do with MSTS is 1024x768.
    Asus Maximus VI Extreme Intel Z87, Intel Core i7-4770K, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB PC3-19200 (2400MHz), EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN SuperClocked, Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD (Windows 8.1 Pro 64)/Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD (Programs), CaseLabs Merlin SM8 with Corsair AX1200 PSU

ok. But what I don't understand is it used to before I messed with the settings on it oh well.

ok. But what I don't understand is it used to before I messed with the settings on it oh well.

If the monitor that you have is the one that Bob provided a link to -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236106

take a look at page 18 of the manual which shows “Max Resolution: 1600x900”.

I don't know of any monitors that can display a higher resolution then what the panel is capable of.

well kevhead has done it again. I failed mention that I had it hooked up to a haier tv that has a vga input on it. then I switched it over to the aforementioned desktop monitor.I guess it has a greater resolution than the desktop. please forgive me. I am now trying purchase railworks.