Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Official v645 Thread

Thank you, Csantucci. I could pack the log file and the engine's eng file into one archive.
    Thank you, Longiron, for the quick help. After compression in .rar format the archive is way below the limit. The problem is now that the uploader tells me the file is invalid. It seems .rar files are not allowed as attachment. Will try .zip now.
    Yes, file size is now 8 KB.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Default

I seem to be having issues with 3DTrainstuff's Donner Pass. I hope it helps with other bugs people may be having.

DonnerPassOpenRailsLog.zip
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    I seem to be having issues with 3DTrainstuff's Donner Pass. I hope it helps with other bugs people may be having.
    It appears that Open Rails is looking for an crossing sms file located in "E:\MSTS\Train Sim-Donner\Train Simulator\ROUTES\3DTS_DONNER1\sound\crossing.sms" Can you confirm that the file exists in the proper folder?

With the crossing sound being a recent addition, we've haven't put in a lot of coding to elegantly skip missing files as we've done in other places
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by Dralex View Post
    Thank you, Csantucci. I could pack the log file and the engine's eng file into one archive.
    Thank you, Longiron, for the quick help..
    There's an extra bracket ")" somewhere in the s file that Open Rails is not expecting. Can you upload the SD40 shape file?
    Thanks
    Last edited by longiron; 03-15-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Chris

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    It appears that Open Rails is looking for an crossing sms file located in "E:\MSTS\Train Sim-Donner\Train Simulator\ROUTES\3DTS_DONNER1\sound\crossing.sms" Can you confirm that the file exists in the proper folder?

With the crossing sound being a recent addition, we've haven't put in a lot of coding to elegantly skip missing files as we've done in other places
    That did the trick. I added a crossing.sms from another route and it had no issues loading. The route likely uses a differently named .sms file for its crossing sounds.

Thanks for the help!
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    That did the trick. I added a crossing.sms from another route and it had no issues loading. The route likely uses a differently named .sms file for its crossing sounds.

Thanks for the help!
    Probably there's a lone Level Crossing that was never aliased to the new sms name.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kox View Post
    I tried again, it's not the level crossings. Not 100% but i think there this error isn't exists (i'm not sure, because on that route every level crossing have a real signal very close next to it).

PS: no, this error isn't exists on other routes now i tried with hisiatsu line. So i'm gonna ask about the level crossings the maker of alfold5 route, if i can reach him.
    Now i aske the maker of route about the level crossings. He says there is no any unique in those level crossings, according to default crossings.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Did some more tests to get to the bottom of this error and can not find a reason why some locos cause it.
    Otto,
    We are having trouble reproducing the errors you're experiencing which may be related to some unique folder structure you have.

Would you mind taking a few screen shots or describe the hierarchy of your folder structure for your normal and mini routes? That way we could set up an identical structure to trace where the problem lies.

thank you

One last question: What's the OS of the computer you are having problems on? Win7?
    Last edited by longiron; 03-16-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat_1812 View Post
    Any idea why this self created activity will not run in CP Mactier Sub v1.5
    Yes, I believe the CP_SD90MAC_9301 engine is your problem, not the activity itself. Can the OR team download a copy somewhere?
    Chris

I ran the "Old Helper" activity of the Bernina route. In this activity the player train coming from St. Moritz couples to an EMU waiting at Pontresina (about 10 minutes after depart from St. Moritz). Just after coupling I pressed Ctrl+E to switch locomotive, but (I don't know if before of after pressing Ctrl+E) ORTS froze (clock stopped) and I had to fiddle a bit to exit it. The attached log file shows this error at its end:

runactivity.exe : Error : 0 : System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index not within interval. Richiesto valore non negativo e minore della dimensione dell'insieme.
    Nome parametro: index
    in System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    in System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n()
    in System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    in ORTS.CabCamera.SetCameraCar(TrainCar car)
    in ORTS.CabCamera.OnActivate(Boolean sameCamera)
    in ORTS.Camera.Activate()
    in ORTS.Viewer3D.HandleUserInput(ElapsedTime elapsedTime)
    in ORTS.UpdaterProcess.Update()
    in ORTS.UpdaterProcess.UpdateLoop()

Regards

Carlo

OpenRailsLog.zip