Thread: Missing Scenery

Default Missing Scenery

When running MLTs routes alot of the scenery won't appear.Is there something wrong with my rig or is it something else ?

MSTS - Shuswap.jpgORTS Shuswap.jpg

Intel QX9650 quad core overclocked 3.20 4 gigs DDR PC6400 EVGA NVIDIA 9600 GT 1GB XP64 bit OS

drjayyy,

I have three MLT Routes and all 3 are missing almost ALL Scenery items when run in all recent versions of OpenRails.
    There must be something UNUSUAL about MLT's Scenery. BTW, there are NO Errors or Warnings in the ORTSLog file
    for any of these routes.

Paul

Default Problems with Autogantry items.

FWIW,

Thanks to some excellent detective work by 'BrianB' (Bere-Streeter) over at uktrainsim, and a fine explanation by James 'twpol' of the OR Development team. We now know that, Scenery items placed along the Right of Way using the AUTOGANTRY Placement Feature of MSTS Route Editor will NOT be visible in ORTS, IF-- The Shape .S files in the WORLD Folder for that route, ARE COMPRESSED (the usual form)! Uncompress the .S files in the WORLD Folder and ALL Scenery Items are now Visible in ORTS (any Version). Apparently, the good folks over at MLT use the AUTOGANTRY Feature a lot. BTW, I bet many other Route Developers use this Feature of RE, thus explaining other cases of missing Scenery Objects in ORTS.

I'm enjoying ORTS ALL the TIME now, even on the 3 MLT Routes I run on.

'nuff said,

Paul

Hi

I just checked the Willamette Pass route. In the World directory, I uncompressed all the .w files (no .s files exist in that directory). With those files uncompressed, all the missing buildings, roads, trees, signal bridges, etc reappeared.

It may be more than just gantry items affected, I doubt all these items would be placed as gantry items although I could be wrong.

This is a work-around for the missing scenery problem in some routes that does work. Thanks for pointing out the UKTS report.

GaryG

RIGHT! Sorry about that, I guess it was a 'Senior Moment' I was having this morning. It is the .W files in the WORLD Folder
    that must be uncompressed. 'Longiron' just caught my error on the other Forum, Thanks go to him and to you GaryG for
    catching my mistake.

Paul

Dumb question of the day. How would I go about uncompressing .w files ? RouteRiter ?

I use Zipper, part of tk_utils.zip package in the Train-Sim library.

GaryG

I use Route Riter.

Thank You Farrmp !!! Nice.
    MLT.jpg