Thread: RailDriver for RailWorks 2 beta software (Win 7 compatible!)

Exclamation RailDriver for RailWorks 2 beta software (Win 7 compatible!)

Hey guys,

I just wanted to stop by to invite you all to an open beta test of our new RailWorks 2 software for the RailDriver. We've made quite a few improvements and have been happy with the results on our end so far, but now it's time to hear what you, the fans and loyal customers, think. There are quite a few additions that people have been asking for over the years (KPH display on the RailDriver? Better support for Windows Vista/7? Easier access to the script files for modifying? Check, check, and check), and we've cleaned up a few other things as well.

If you're interested in trying out this brand new software, head on over to http://www.raildriver.com/support/steambeta.php and check it out. This page includes the steps you will need to take to get everything installed and set up properly, along with some basic guidelines to get you started. Please take the time to review the instructions as a few things have changed from previous versions, but we think overall you will find this software to be much nicer to use and more powerful than what we've had in the past.

If you have any questions or comments about your experience with this new software, you can contact us through the email address on the page linked above. We will also be checking the forums a few times during the day for general discussion as needed, but the email address should be used for specific questions so as not to clog up the forum here.

We look forward to your feedback!

Hi Keith,

I have installed MW3 and everything works fine except the auto brake [train brake] with MW2 auto brake OK.deleted and install again no result.

set the MW3 icon as administrator, my OS Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Best regards aadh

Default Raildriver Win 7 install issues

I had a bit of an issue because I have installed RW into a non-default location. Advice: Be very sure to 1) read the install directions relative to the "re-pathing" to RW and B) check the entire path - Not just the drive letter. A minor difference such as a space can "throw" the process.

Issue 2: The Lights rotary switch seems to automatically go to "2" when used. Shift H keyboard will allow the lights to go to normal front.

Jim Friedland

Hi Keith,
    Downloaded and installed the new software to the default location without a hitch as Rail Works is installed to the default location. Changed the properties to run as Administrator per instructions then rebooted. The first time I ran MacroWorks 3 it ask me to calibrate the Rail Driver per the instructions. So far all is going as expected. I then started Rail Works and selected a scenario. again everything is working as expected except 2 items:

1) The headlight issue previously mentioned.
    2) The throttle will not hold a steady input, in each throttle notch it tend to jump back and forth. Example: Notch 1 = approx 13%, throttle jumping from 13% to 20% then back to 13%. Trying to adjust with the handle does not help.

The Auto Brake works perfectly 95% of the time and the other 5% it tends to gain a little then hold, example you move the Automatic Brake handle to 10% and sometimes it will creep up to 12% then hold. All of the other buttons and handles work as expected. Since upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit, my Rail Driver had become a giant paper weight. Thank you very much for this new software, I can once again start running my engines using a control stand and not the keyboard

Regards,

Rich S.

Update on the automatic train brake. With the standard AAR control stand on North American locomotives, the automatic train brakes works as expected, but with the desktop control stand as in the RSC Dash 9 and RSC SD70Mac's the automatic brake does not work at all. Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards,

Rich S.

i am very happy with the update, although i run xp. how do i convert to mph? i can not find a read me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickol View Post
    i am very happy with the update, although i run xp. how do i convert to mph? i can not find a read me.
    On the bottom row of buttons, the extreme left button is MPH, next one to the right is KPH. You may also want to download and print the new button legends for your rail driver from here

Regards,

Rich S.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Update on the automatic train brake. With the standard AAR control stand on North American locomotives, the automatic train brakes works as expected, but with the desktop control stand as in the RSC Dash 9 and RSC SD70Mac's the automatic brake does not work at all. Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards,
    Just wanted to chime in and say you are not the only one having a problem with the train brake with the RSC dash 9's. I can't get it to work either. I've emailed PIE and will see what they say.

When you hear from them will you post the answer. I am having trouble with brake and throttle, using windows7. The throttle issue is driving me made. So far I am not happy with raildriver. I sure hope the can work to make the software better. Sorry for the rant.