Thread: Is this possible

Question Is this possible

Is there a way to convert sounds over, made for MSTS so they will work on Railworks locomotives?

Is it possible to use sounds straight from MSTS on Railworks locomotives without conversion.

A friend has given me permission to use his sounds, from MSTS on my upcoming steam locomotives for Railworks.

If this isn't possible I'll have to stick with the default Black 5 sound.
    Jonathan Burton Peters Jr, Big J
    System of the retro era assets and the old downtown era.

https://jpetersjr1.wixsite.com/big-j-productions

yes it is, Its not easy but take your sound files, .wav i presume and create a source folder structure relevant for sounds to start. I would take an already existing blueprint for engine sound and horn sound and mimic it until you become comfortable makin your own. use RW_tools to study them and then follow it along when making a new one in blueprint editor. luckily the answers are right in front of you in those blueprints!

take the ES44 engine.xml blueprint and believe it or not it will show you exactly what to do.
    HOME OF THE SOO LINE Route, BNSF/UP SEATTLE SUBDIVISION Route, SD60F pack, Dash 8 series updates and more!

http://eyein12.blogspot.com/

it is possible (although complicated) to transfer anything from MSTS to railworks, just look at the ALCo HH series released by Michael Stephen. originaly from MSTS but he converted it to Railworks somehow? you can easly tell it is from MSTS because of the poor MSTS style graphics of the cab interior as michael is known for high quality models and not something like this. he has said there will be updates making the model a bit more up to the standard of railworks though! so theroretically somebody with ALOT of time on their hands could go and transfer everything from MSTS (locos, rolling stock, sounds, etc....) and put it into railworks. good luck on your sounds.

so technically you could convert a c40-8c to rw?

Also note that sound files in MSTS are 11KHz and may not sound all that great, whereas RW supports up to 44KHz.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    so technically you could convert a c40-8c to rw?
    yes! now that is something somebody should do ASAP! any loco in MSTS that isn't on RW should be!

I'm for that, would love to see more locomotives for Railworks, especially classic American steam locomotives. But they would have to be freeware being converted from MSTS.

Chances are, the author would be letting someone else do the converting and putting in Railworks, that's why they'd have to be freeware.

Though, but most MSTS users, some of them have never heard of RW, while some don't want to play it.

does michael stephan know how to do this? dash 8 is first on my list

You'd have to ask Michael, he might, but also, he might not.