Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Making a lamp post light fully operational

Great looking MOW trucks as well! I was under the impression from Rob that his work had gone to MLT and awaiting Andy to 'put it in a box and onto the store shelf' so to speak. But I see there's a LOT more going on it, which is great. Because honestly, if it was going to consist of the same old 'generic MLT bridges and box structures' - I wasn't going to invest in it. But heck, the bridges, lights and vehicles I've seen so far here - sign me up!

Wondered why it was taking so long, but good to know it's going to be worth the wait.

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

I wanted to add lights to the route, especially to the yards, but unfortunately the MSTS lights are not as good as the "light cones" on the locos. They only make a lighter pattern on the ground texture. When an object passes through the lights they do not light up, they remain as a black object. There are a couple of lights in the default routes that you can look at to get the effect. I decided that it wasn't worth doing at this stage.

sanjeeb_ir, you can make "light wagons".. static AI consists with actual lights (no cones though).. use route editor to place 2 20m track pieces end to end just underground out of sight and use activity editor to place the light wagon's consist on the short track section.. i usually make the lights a couple of meters to account for lense flare effect.. sketchup 3d warehouse is a good place to find lampposts, light towers, etc and you can use the msts exporter to make s & sd files for the shape. Remember the shape and textures and wag file have to be in a folder in the trainsets folder, not the routes folder. And the static consist must be added to the track section for each activity you want it in, which for something permanent like a lamppost means editing every activity, or making one master activity and copying it each time you create a new one.

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

Quote Originally Posted by jasondial View Post
    sanjeeb_ir, you can make "light wagons".. static AI consists with actual lights (no cones though).. use route editor to place 2 20m track pieces end to end just underground out of sight and use activity editor to place the light wagon's consist on the short track section.. i usually make the lights a couple of meters to account for lense flare effect.. sketchup 3d warehouse is a good place to find lampposts, light towers, etc and you can use the msts exporter to make s & sd files for the shape. Remember the shape and textures and wag file have to be in a folder in the trainsets folder, not the routes folder. And the static consist must be added to the track section for each activity you want it in, which for something permanent like a lamppost means editing every activity, or making one master activity and copying it each time you create a new one.
    I appreciate your idea, but it's not a proper solution for lighting. It is possible to making some info signal then why you doing the same thing with wag file?
    If you make some info type signal and placing then in same way it will be fixed with route, you don't need to make light every time in various activity.