Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bombardier Commuter Cab

Default Bombardier Commuter Cab

I realized there still isn't any good cab for the the Bombardier bi-Level commuter cab cars, so I decided to make one (I was doing it for Metrolink in particular, but it's suitable for any cab car of that model) This was my first cab project ever. I used the GO Transit cab car cab as a reference, as well as some parts from it. Please let me know what you think:

Last edited by fastdash9; 07-31-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Excellent! Is this for personal use, or are you planning on releasing it? Keep up the great work.

Christer
    Christer
    Formerly MP 31.3 CN Oakville Sub

Yeah you should release it, it would be a huge hit seeing that we truly need one. Excellent work my friend. Also if I may ask, what route is that? It looks very nice.

mkstarks Guest

Definitely another vote for release. Along with a please and thank you.

Wow, exellent work

Thanks guys for the kind words. It started out as a personal project, but I couldn't possibly keep it to myself, especially if we all need a decent cab for these type of cab cars. I first gotta replace the stuff I took from the 3Dtrains Metrolink and Surfliner equipment though, to make it legal for distribution. It shouldn't be too much work and it'll probably be fun. Then I still have to work on a left and right side view (The right view will be fun... it's essentially a wall with a hole in it). The left view is going to be a challenge (a fun one hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by metrarailboy1
    Also if I may ask, what route is that? It looks very nice.
    Sure thing! It's the Metrolink San Bernardino Line that I've been working on. I'll post some screen shots of it in the screen shot area sometime. And thanks!
    - Milo -

Quote Originally Posted by metrarailboy1 View Post
    Thank you very much for that! That was indeed very helpful! I didn't know there were two bell buttons on Metrolink. No wonder I heard the crew complaining once about constantly hitting the bell instead of the horn. I do wonder now though, what those two other buttons next to the horn button are for, as I thought one of them was the bell, and the big button on top next to the throttle console was the alerter reset.

I noticed the position of the speedometer is different from where I have it too, and that's the beauty of these cab cars. It seems to me that it's been modified so much that there really is no standard on where the buttons go. (It's a nice way of saying no matter how much I screw up, it's okay... because chances are, it exist in real life! ) Sometimes I see the speedometer on the side, and other times, it's right up front like where I have it. Now I'm designing the brake gauges so that they're two different colors, which is how the brake gauges were on this one cab car I once was on.
    - Milo -

I just completed the right side. Too bad objects in mirror don't appear to change.

Last edited by fastdash9; 07-31-2010 at 04:12 AM.
    - Milo -

mkstarks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fastdash9 View Post
    I just completed the right side. Too bad objects in mirror don't appear to change.
    Actually, you can. It's in one of the ace files that has the mirrors on it.