Thread: Playing the Horn

Default Playing the Horn

I've read a few posts about some people who are now using OR almost exclusively vs MSTS. I've also read that OR is going to implement the horn sounds differently and until then pressing the space bar plays the entire .wav file. So, my question is, for those that are using OR a lot, what are you doing about the horn? I've thought about using goldwave to create a short version of the horn wav file but I'm looking for other suggestions.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

I'm running OR more than MSTS these days, and I haven't found a satisfactory .WAV file yet. I run Steam Locs and the best, so far, is an entire
    _ _ . _ sequence. (Yes, I know- that doesn't work for other signals.) I've also tried just a short (just the Loop) segment, it works -- sort of.
    I understand that irrKlang is to be replaced, I'm mostly waiting for that to happen.

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul. I also thought about the _ _ . _ wav but how you blow the horn varies based on speed and the road to be crossed with the busier roads getting more horn than others.