Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Soo line 1003

I don't think I have seen Brandon post much, but I haven't been here, but I would assume it's not dead, he isn't usually about leaving projects left unfinished, it will come in due time I am sure.

Brandon popped up here a week or three ago on the Twin Cities route discussion thread, so he's still around. Just busy like the rest of us...

I saw a note from WSOR CEO Bill Gardner earlier in the week which says the real Soo 1003 is about to come out of its FRA mandated overhaul. Amazing what having a generous benefactor can do vs relying on fan donations..... IRM is five years into their overhaul of the Frisco 1630, and the 261 is two or three years into its overhaul...

Once 1003 is back on the rails doing excursions (presumably on the WSOR), I suspect this project will get finished...

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

hahaha Yeah! I have been very busy with stuff and I havent forgotten about my projects!! My major project right now is working on sound sets for people! Then my route and I do have a few little surprises I gave to Mike Knott for him to finish up for me but not sure on a release date on them are!

Brandon

Sorry I draged up an old thread, but I have to say something.....YOU ARE MAKING C&O 614!!!! YES!!!! Finnaly someone has the nerve like Mike Laxer to build these! I'm also not trying to be a gimmie pig, but you should do 2 versions of the 614, one in the C&O scheme (which you are doing lol) and one in the Chessie Saftey Express scheme. If these get released I will probaly pass out for 2 hours! I cannot wait to see them, but It's about being patient. Good luck on the models!

Quote Originally Posted by Cnyle View Post
    Sorry I draged up an old thread, but I have to say something.....YOU ARE MAKING C&O 614!!!! YES!!!! Finnaly someone has the nerve like Mike Laxer to build these! I'm also not trying to be a gimmie pig, but you should do 2 versions of the 614, one in the C&O scheme (which you are doing lol) and one in the Chessie Saftey Express scheme. If these get released I will probaly pass out for 2 hours! I cannot wait to see them, but It's about being patient. Good luck on the models!
    I'm going to puke rainbows like I promised to months earlier! A Chessie Safety Express 614 would be as much as a simple repaint. 614 was easily the most advanced steam locomotive in America and it's great to see someone following in the footsteps of one who refuses to release his models due to gimme pigs. Thank you so much, Brandon.

I have to agree with you mipman my brother is a huge fan of 614 and when I told him this he was going crazy of corse so was I

Also quick question I know 1003 is being rebuilt but when is it going 2 be finished also yours looks great

Good things come to those who wait...it'll be done when Brandon is satisfied with it...
    --Mike L.
    Rail Organizations I'm involved with:
    Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society
    Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad

Well he sent a few models to Mike Knott for finishing, he mentioned that a few posts ago. Could not have been sent to a better and cooler person none other than our fantastic excursion loco builder and photo re-skinner Mike Knott. Brandon and him are the experts of steam locomotive photo repainting.

Brandon your models look awesome I hope someday you release them and man keep doing the awesome work.