Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UP Business Train

Quote Originally Posted by RailfanML View Post
    Luke, is the dome a FA? I might just have to break down and buy the SLI F40 sets now, those cars are looking gorgeous!
    transparency would be controlled in the alpha channel for the skins for each car normally.

Yes, the dome is an F/A. I have plans to set up the windows just as SLI did just so everyone knows.

Just had this roll through Here yesterday, It was nice to see, Had an Ac44 pulling it.

Looks good, although those are all chair cars, no?.... For an officer special, you'd have a couple of sleepers and a dining car or the Portland Rose diner dome... maybe a fuel car or power car. Each of the exec cars has its own generator, but they work better with some HEP when actually being used as a hotel...

The cars do look like but it would like real cool if we had the 7400 to go with this train.
    I am a Ferroequinologist.

mkstarks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by csxq090 View Post
    The cars do look like but it would like real cool if we had the 7400 to go with this train.
    You can make it yourself, or just wait patiently...

Quote Originally Posted by SD9043MAC View Post
    Okay, addressing the translucent window deal, I'm not sure if I could do that or not as it would require me to rebuild the whole interior of the cars. I may actually try it out and see how it looks otherwise they will probably stay as they are.
    Good point about rebuilding the interiors. Not easy. Well not difficult but it sure takes a lot of time to do.

You have to first alpha out everything in the interior, and only if they can be. Otherwise some shape editing needs to be done and that makes it tough to release to the public. Then you have to make a freight animation for the new prototype interiors. If the car already has a freight animation, well then you might be in trouble. Because then you will have to redo the original freight animation to include the new interior and whatever the original freight animation had. Takes forever to do. trust me. I'm still working on the Streamlines Superliners...been with these on and off since they came out.
    Matt
    Click Here for photos of my train layouts

Quote Originally Posted by mkstarks View Post
    Okay I do not know how to make one my self. Also just for the record I have been awaiting patiently. I was just saying thats all.
    I am a Ferroequinologist.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestChief View Post
    Otherwise some shape editing needs to be done and that makes it tough to release to the public.

Nah... Releases that need shape editing have been fairly common, I'm sure people have the hang of it by now.

Probably could've made your own request thread instead of hijacking this one...

Will do, "Chester".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-1S8Xxd94