Thread: Avoiding burnout

Cool Avoiding burnout

Bill Burnett (Sea View route, for you heathens who never had MSTS) once asked me how to avoid burnout from route development. Simple answer is to stop route developing when it gets tiring, do something else until you get tired of that, then go back to the route editor.

Coming attractions from the most recent vacation;

Finally got all the kinks hammered out of them old SD9s so they work in TS2010 native mode, with numbering. You have to click on each engine with the question mark thingamy and assign it a number, so these are A-B-C-D with A being the cleanest and D being the refugee from the junkyard.

Cabviews ain't all that great, but rather than use the generic SD I generally kitbash my own using assorted parts from here and there, along with the actual body mesh from the model. That takes a lot of tinkering, and the interior doesn't look that good, but to me it's better than looking out the back window and seeing that long SD40 hood overlapping the engine or car coupled behind.

For those unaware, the [ and ] keys cycle thru all available camera views, right click and move the mouse to pan the views around.

Thanks, a lot, I just got done deleting a bunch of stuff I probably need to make space for a GPS update and now I'm going to have to fill that space with these! What the heck am I going to delete the next time?????

Wild Willy the Wacko

Anything that ain't Trainz? I dunno, get a CD burner or a bigger hard disk.

Latest fiddling, sound effects. Decided that reskinning to make stuff look older wasn't enough, found out how to add more smoke effects so the old rusty dogs smoke more, but they still sound the same. So make a new engine sound file.

Having fun now!

Kool. Have you ever run that Chineese engine that came with 2010 EE? I always liked the way it shoots flames out the exhaust every once in a while. Don't run it much cause I'm stuck on that rustoulem steamer that you painted.

Wild Willy the Wacko