Thread: WoS V3

Default WoS V3

Hi! WoS V3 London Underground is out. Anyone got it yet, and if so, what are your comments?
    Cheers; Chuck F.

"the people keep coming but the train has gone"

You might like to read the comments over on UKTrainsim.com
    http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewforum.php?f=287

It seems from reports there that yet again Physics are the issue? The track has some major errors and the above ground scenery is generic at best and extremely poor. The route passes at least two iconic landmark London Buildings and they just aren't there. The section that runs alongside the Western Region Mainline tracks into Brunel's Paddington Terminal have no AI traffic (normally a very busy bottleneck) and Paddington Station seems not to exist until you pull into the shared platforms. Reportedly gradients have no effect on the trains and there are no exterior views of the train whilst underway.

Reading reviews of this series I get the impression that they may be a reasonable Train Driving Game but they fall way short of being a simulation.

I don't take any delight in posting this as for many years I actually travelled on this line and the initial development shots looked really promising. The many videos on You Tube however confirm that the pathetic graphics on the above ground section are nowhere near the detail put into the stations. Put it this way if you boarded a Train at Hammersmith the station itself would be instantly reconisable from the Game. Indeed the actual stations from there to Westbourne Park aren't bad either BUT the scenery between them bears NO relationship to reality.

What's really depressing is that the issues criticised have not been addressed over three titles. I guess that "off the shelf sales" sustain TML ands the opinion of the simulator fan community counts for little If it did surely they would have patched the issues in previous titles? Doesn't bode well for the next title the "Paris Metro"
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Hi Geoff! Thanks for the detailed report. I was hoping that the basic game would be upgraded with each new release. But as you mentioned there has been no attempt by the producers to do so.
    Cheers; Chuck F.

"the people keep coming but the train has gone"

It has also been reported on UKTS that the latest patch (a stunning 1.3 gigs worth) now sees the train rolling back uphill when the brakes are released...

Does not bode well for the San Francisco version which is probably of particular interest to the North American simming community and my personal view is that I'm not spending 32 on something that delivers less than BVE does for nothing!