Thread: Realistically Flashing Ditchlights

Default Realistically Flashing Ditchlights

Hello all!

Can somebody please explain step-by-step how to change the ditchlights that come with the dieselswest NS Dash-9 and the default 3dtrains p42s? I would like to flash and transition smoothly to be more realistic. Thanks for the help!

Kevin

When did Marc make a P42?

Quote Originally Posted by kevamtrak View Post
    Hello all!

Can somebody please explain step-by-step how to change the ditchlights that come with the dieselswest NS Dash-9 and the default 3dtrains p42s? I would like to flash and transition smoothly to be more realistic. Thanks for the help!

Kevin
    Do you mean the 3DTrainSTUFF P42?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Yes I did. Sorry about that. But really it applies to any locomotive, how to make the ditchlights flash smoothly and realistically.

Default Flashing Ditch Lights

I don't know if the default Dash 9's lights would be considered 'realistic' but the ditch lights do flash. Have a look at the lighting section in the Dash 9 engine file and at least get an idea as how it is done. That's how I did it.

Also on the MSTS Install CD1 there is a folder Techdocs. Extract the file within to a temporary folder and get a complete set of the MSTS Tech Docs, one of which is a manual on how to specify lights.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

As Vince wrote, take a look at the documents for lighting on the CD to see how the lights are set up. The two parameters that you will need to adjust are the 'Duration' (time lit) and 'Transition' (dimming/lighting time). You will need to do this for each lighting state for the lights involved.

Jim

And you may need to change the radius on each light you want changed.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2