Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Servers must be slammed tonight!

Default Servers must be slammed tonight!

horseshoe curve route has 1100 downloads in just a few hours! I have tried 3 times and the thing doesn't download. I even upgraded to 1st class membership tonight! No better.

might have to wait a couple days to get this one.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. At 12:40A.M. was the 43rd to download the route and at the start was 1 day 1 hour to download the route. Here it is 10:35 the next day The download is indicating 56% downloaded with 1 day left to complete. All well and fine with me going to be too busy tomorrow with the Honey do list to worry about the download till after the sun sets.
    Cliff Gray

Nice to live within an hour from Horseshoe curve and Sandpatch

Somehow I dont think the F/L is the way to distribute such a large file. Megauploads?

I suggested Bit Torrent in another thread.

But there will no doubt be "issues" related to that alternative. I bet my check on it.

There's issues with any method with a file this size. At least BT means you can start and stop as often as you like, and it gets the traffic away from the TS server so as to not murder Nel's bandwidth consumption. I get the impression this file will still be popular in 2 weeks time if it's taking about 30 hours a download.

I doubt that the download count really reflects the atual number of successfull downloads in this case, i have had 6 goes at it and i can go for about an hour each time before the download grinds to a halt, but every time you click on the final download link the file count goes up one even if you cancel it 10 seconds later, DAP wont work in the file library any longer it stopped a while ago while still working OK on other sites, the file is so huge i doubt i will ever be able to get it all and you cannot get the true download link to paste into a download accelerator i am a first class member and i cannot get this downloaded at all.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

So that's why the download count for the file is so high when it's actually almost impossible to download the file. I tried 3 or 4 times earlier today and gave up each time. I thought that downloading it in the middle of the night would be the solution. But I've been downloading for 3 or 4 hours and am 56% done and I still have 2 and a half hours to go. This file should have been divided into several smaller files. That's been done with lots of route downloads. Somehow this one slipped into the library.

Wow! This route must really be in demand. I got it Saturday morning using a download manager and it only took about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Paid member.

Rich K
    See my pix at RailPictures.net
    Visit my web site The Railfan Gallery

Hi Rich K,
    Which download manager do you use?

Regards Geoff.