Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TS12 in the desert

Default TS12 in the desert

Not really all that interested in the desert, but people have been asking about the Mojave subdivision in TS12, so I thought I'd whack out a few screenshots. My system was considered midrange back in 2005, today it's a refugee from a landfill pleading for sanctuary, so the following are OpenGL at 1024x768 with no FSAA or anisotropic or trilinear optimization or MipMap stuff.

Somewhere in the desert, I dunno, it all looks alike to me.

Kinda surprised to see all the trees, closest I've ever been to the real thing was Navy service schools in San Diego and nights in Las Vegas, never got a hankerin' to go hiking in the desert.

This one includes the famous Tehachapi Loop.

Hey, there's another train right behind us! Oh wait, that's our own aft section we're passing over.

Hail to The Chief! Probably the best known passenger train when I was a kid, who didn't have a Lionel trainset with The Chief?

Hi Jim -

I just got your private message over on the other forum. Thanks for the reply. From the looks of the screenshots you have posted. I hope my PC will be able to handle the sim with the sliders up as I would like to have my screenshots with detail like Walter36 has with his shots in the following thread. Mainly shots # 5 through 8 and shot # 10

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...e-of-screenies

If I cant get the detail like Walter shots in the above thread or close to it. I really dont see any point in me buying the sim to begin with and wasting $50 as well.

I really wish they had a demo out for download, So I could test the sim

Check your PM
    Last edited by eaglefan9727; 07-11-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Only demos I've seen are for much earlier versions like TRS2006, don't think they've made one for a while.

One way to do a direct comparison;

http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks.../introduction/

Download and run that, see what kind of score you get. My results;

3DMark Score
    2359 3DMarks
    SM2.0 Score 934
    HDR/SM3.0 Score 847
    CPU Score 1428
    GT1 - Return To Proxycon 7 FPS
    GT2 - Firefly Forest 8 FPS
    HDR1 - Canyon Flight 7 FPS
    HDR2 - Deep Freeze 9 FPS

Compare what you get to that, you'll have a better idea of how much better your system would handle TS12. Personally I think the "recommended" system specs should have been the minimum for TS12, the built in routes are all heavily detailed.

The site is not letting me download the program onto my PC.....

BTW, The games Firefly Forest, Deep Freeze, Canyon Flight, and Return To Proxycon are far more advance than Trainz 12 when it comes to detail....
    Last edited by eaglefan9727; 07-11-2011 at 04:50 PM.

This new scam with deliberately misleading buttons where you click the wrong one and download something completely unrelated to what you're looking for needs to be outlawed ASAP. All these redirects don't help either, try here;

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...7437f548ac91b4

Altho possibly you have some kind of popup blocker or setting that needs to be adjusted, especially if you're using internet exploder instead of firefox.

Hi Jim,

I took a look at a website that had info about my video card which is the "NVIDIA GeForce GT 220" as the video card is the only issue that I am having some issues with as I know the rest of my PC specs are good enough for Trainz 12.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...gt_220_us.html

And with games. It states that the card is good for games like World Of Wifcraft, Spore, and Fallout 3. Threrefore, I think with Trainz 12. I should have no problem running the game with above medium details or close to high details. Anyways, When I think of the detail that I want to see while running the Trainz 12 program on my PC. I would be ver satisfied if it would look like the screenshots of Walter36 on the following thread

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...e-of-screenies

Posts # 5 through 8 on page 1
    Post # 161, 164 through 166 on page 17
    Post # 205 on page 21
    Post # 212 through 220 on page 22
    Post # 221 through 230 on page 23

If I can even get near that kind of detail with Trainz 12 on my PC. I "Would" be a very happy man overall.

Spend the 50 bucks, it turns out to be a total bust, you're out 50 bucks. You'd waste that much on an Eagles concert anyway.

I just bought a new copy of Trainz 2010 Engineers Edition from Amazon. The Trainz 12 version was going to have to wait for another few months anyways no matter if I bought the 2010 version or not. Amazon states that I should have my copy by early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper297 View Post
    Kinda surprised to see all the trees, closest I've ever been to the real thing was Navy service schools in San Diego and nights in Las Vegas, never got a hankerin' to go hiking in the desert.
    You're surprised because Tehachapi is NOT in a desert.
    Southern Pacific Transportation Company

Shows you how much I paid attention in geography class, I assumed the "Mojave Desert" was a desert. Here's a Chicagoan's perspective of North America;

Which pretty much assumes the whole southwest is desert, altho we could be wrong.