Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My next project - BNSF ES44DC in HR livery

Default My next project - BNSF ES44DC in HR livery

Decided to tackle something a bit more difficult this time around, and thought I'd try my hand at some retro BNSF liveries.

First up in this new fictional "HR" (R for "retro") scheme is a red/silver number. It is very rough at this point, but you get the general idea of it.

I need to tweak the front and side logos some more, along with possibly the rear number.

Of course, comments are appreciated to make this look as realistic as possible.

SFCAN109.jpgSFCAN110.jpgSFCAN111.jpgSFCAN112.jpg

The side logo looks ok to me, the back looks like it good be lowered just a few pixels, if not then it could work, and the front looks like you should shrink the lettering height just a little bit.. Other than that, its looking great.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

I like it it looks cool

I kind of like it too. You know, maybe this could give way to some BNSF heritage liveries later, ala NP, GN, CB&Q, Frisco, etc.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I think its ironic how you said you want it to look as realistic as possible, yet its a fictional repaint.. The fact alone that it is fictional automatically gives you the authority to say what looks realistic or not.. If you wanted to release it as is and say that is realistic, well nobody here can argue with that point.. It is looking great though.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Believe it or not Josh, the rear logo is in the exact same spot as it is on the SLI loco, as I used that one for reference on logo placement. I was thinking about adding an outline to the side logo, but since you say it looks fine as is, I'll leave it be.

Why is it ironic that I want a fictional repaint to look authentic? I don't want to have something that is so completely "off the wall" as to be unrealistic if it was seen IRL. Yes, I could say that the WIP I have now looks realistic, but don't feel that it is completed yet. "Details! details!" they say.

That being said, I have changed the height on the front lettering a bit. If it looks ok, then I can "lock it down" by deleting the coloring underneath it, thereby darkening the shade so it matches the rest.

SFCAN113.jpg

I think it'll look better reversed. The green bits become sliver and the orange becomes red.

Quote Originally Posted by lgbguy View Post
    I think it'll look better reversed. The green bits become sliver and the orange becomes red.
    I thought about that, and actually did a mock-up of it.

SFCAN114.jpg

That jut doesn't "look" quite right to me. Besides, all the others I've seen have had the silver down the side.

Update: Did a bit on the nose logo, since I couldn't remember where I got the previous one (so as to give proper credit), so I used the cigar band from the BNSF demo font instead.

SFCAN115.jpg

looking good keep up the good work

Interesting spinoff paint scheme idea. Just one thing from me: The yellow looks a bit too flourescent.
    Max Brisben
    President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works