Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My next project - BNSF ES44DC in HR livery

I'm unsure which road #6442 represents...

You might be confusing some reflective scotchlite stripes for those high voltage labels? I've only seen the high voltage warning labels around battery compartment doors and access doors around the electrical cabinet areas on EMD's and GE's.

Quote Originally Posted by apco25 View Post
    You might be confusing some reflective scotchlite stripes for those high voltage labels? I've only seen the high voltage warning labels around battery compartment doors and access doors around the electrical cabinet areas on EMD's and GE's.
    I dunno, possibly. I'll need to research it more to be sure.

Shawn, what makes you unsure? I intended these to be a combination of "old school" (colors and logos) and "new" (livery layout).

Default HR3a #6456 is almost dry

Just a few more minor details to work on this (along with the others).

I dunno about anyone else, but the green, black, and white BN colors in the H1 livery are really quite sexy.

SFCAN150.jpgSFCAN149.jpgSFCAN148.jpg

Touched up 6440 a bit more. Lightened up the silver so it doesn't look as dark as before, and added fluorescent orange labels to the back half of the engine.

Overall I am pretty pleased with the results, and I think I'll be painting up her sisters real soon now.

SFCAN155.jpgSFCAN154.jpgSFCAN153.jpgSFCAN152.jpgSFCAN151.jpg

Personally, and this is just my opinion, the previous silver looked more realistic, but overall, I am loving all the 3 paint jobs. The red & silver, Green, White & Black, and the Blue and Yellow that showed up in one post.. (The Blue & Yellow has to be my favorite.)
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

They do look cool.
    I am a Ferroequinologist.

The saturation on your trucks needs adjusting on all of them...fuel tanks to as they look like they were just desaturated i.e black and white instead of being colored silver.
    Last edited by apco25; 08-23-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Going back to the previous silver color isn't a problem.

As far as the saturation on the trucks, do they need lightened?

Default 6446

Went back to the silver color I had before, and lightened up the trucks to fix the saturation.

Also decided to have solid color "tape" on the back half of the engine so it should look more realistic on that aspect.

SFCAN156.jpg