Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eaglefan Screenshot Thread

Default Eaglefan Screenshot Thread

Here is my thread which I will post some of my favorite screenshots. Right now, I use the Trainz 2010 EE sim, But am planning to get Trainz 12 later this year for my birthday (November) or for Christmas which my wife will get for me. All of these shots come from freeware routes unless I note otherwise that they are payware routes. I run with max settings on everything. This will also be the WIP thread of my route when and if I decide to create a route for Trainz.

Now, Onto the shots. Hope you enjoy them.....

Route - High Desert

Route - Sherwood Mountain

Route - CSX Boston Line

Route - Clovis Sub Version 2

Last edited by eaglefan9727; 07-30-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Route - EK3

Route - Desert Wood

Route - Indiana Western

Route - Desert Plain Mountains

Route - St Barbara Railroad

Route - Port Levender

Route - High Desert
    Last edited by eaglefan9727; 07-30-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks for these great screenshots. This is how to do it RIGHT: identifying the route and avoiding the needless "What route is that?" messages. Excellent job.
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

Route - Sherman Hill (Payware)

Route - West Of Denver (Payware)

Busy day at the Cheyenne roundhouse

Today, Andrew aka Kingstonflyer and I want to make it official at this time and announce that we have been working on a fictional route over the last couple days called Eagles Pass. The route is a fictional desert route and has a southwest USA flavor to it. We are creating the route for Trainz 2010, But it could possible work for Trainz 2012 as well.

Here is what the route will include and they are as follows:

- There will only be one version of the route
    - 75 to 125 miles of double mainline running
    - The route will be highly detailed
    - Over a dozen bridges all together
    - 1 or 2 tunnels are possible
    - Alot of mainline running with some switching oppotunities as well
    - 2 medium cities on the end of each route with 2 or 3 small towns in between
    - A yard in each of the medium size cities while there will be 1 small yard in one of the small towns along the route

Now, Here is what each of us are doing on the route and they are as follows:

Andrew aka Kingstonflyer
    - All of the Trackwork
    - Telephone poles - Powerlines
    - Most of the roads
    - Bridges
    - Tunnels if there are any
    - Signals

Myself aka Eaglefan9727
    - Creating the mountain terrain
    - Ground texturing
    - Vegatation
    - Scenery such as buildings and so forth
    - Rivers and lakes
    - Adding the baseboards

As of right now, We only have a few miles laid out for the route and about a couple miles of scenery completed. The way we are doing this is that Andrew will lay down about 15 to 20 miles of track at a time and the other stuff. When he gets done with that. He will send me the updated version of the route and I will do all the things that I am doing for the route. And once I get those 15 to 20 miles done. Then, I will send him the updated version of the route, So he can do another 15 to 20 miles or Andrew and I will take turns with the route on a weekly basis.

As of right now, We have no idea when this route will be ready. It will get done when it gets done and both of us are happy with the results. Every Monday, I will be posting a couple WIP screenshots of the route, So you can see how the route is going. As for Andrew, I am not sure when or if he will post some WIP screenshots to share with you. That decision will be at his own discretion.

At this time, We would like to share the first 4 work in progress screenshots of Eagles Pass. These shots were taken at 10:00 in the morning with all of the settings on high (Even the draw distance at 5000), But with default skies. Please note: The first two shots are taken of areas where the route is 100 percent completed while the last two shots. I still have to add scenery to those areas.

Take care,
    Eaglefan and Kingstonflyer

Update for Monday, August 8th -

Its Monday and it is time for a update concerning the Eagles Pass route.

As of right now, Andrew and I have about 4 miles completed on the route with some minor scenery needed in those 4 miles. Andrew has the route this week and is laying some more track for the route while I will be taking care of some family matters this coming week. I should be ready to get back into the route building mode on Saturday, August 13th. Andrew and I have came up with some interesting ideas for the route and we will see if we can put those ideas into the route at some point down the line.

Anyways, I have 3 screenshots to share with you this week. The scenery is completed in the first 2 shots while there is some stuff still left to do in shot # 3. Have a good week and take care.

Eaglefan

Route - Tidewater