Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meridian Speedway Update #5 Issue

Default Meridian Speedway Update #5 Issue

Hi all-

I have recently downloaded and installed the Meridian Speedway route from scratch. The route on its own works perfectly. However, when I try to install the #5 update, the route will not load. When I try to create an activity in Editors & Tools, it will try to load the route then give me a, "Failed to load track database" error. When I go into the route folder and replace the .tdb file with my backed up original, the error goes away and the route works fine, but the signals, siding names, etc are not there like the update says they should be. Can anyone please help me solve this problem?

-Thanks,
    Evan

Was there any batch file that had to be ran with the update?

Bob Edwards

I couldn't get it to work either.tried everything to my limits to get it going.Not sure if anyone else has either.There are several posts on the subject.

Me too and can't even get this route work. Gave up

John

Quote Originally Posted by oakpalms View Post
    Was there any batch file that had to be ran with the update?
    Hi Bob-

No, there wasn't a batch file for the initial install or the update. Like I said, I can get the original route to run, but the update screws it up. The update read-me just says to over-write a few files in the root folder of the route, then add a few world files. I followed the instructions to the T.

-Thanks,
    Evan

Dis you download and install the two additional files mentioned in the readme?
    Regards,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Dis you download and install the two additional files mentioned in the readme?
    Wow... I have no idea how I missed that! I'll go get that now and see if that helps any. So sorry for my ignorance! Thanks for the tip!

-Evan

I missed those 2 originally and they made all the difference, the only issue i ended up with on the route after update 5 is i can no longer save in explore mode nor in activity mode, most of the time it just causes a crash, i put up with it as i wanted the signals to be present.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

The other updates were included in the #5 update.

Read the readme carefully!!
    Regards,

Eric