Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up sd40-2_3593

Default Up sd40-2_3593

Kent, I just installed this locomotive. It appears to be a great repaint, but the FA is throwing a run-time error 9, and automation error when trying to load in the sim or shape viewer. Hope you can get this straightened out. Thanks for all your contributions to our sim. Looking forward to this one as my son spent time over in the sand box.
    Larry
    Last edited by sniper297; 09-03-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: correct title

Sorry Larry. As soon as I get some time I will look into it. I think I know what it is.
    By the way thank your son for all that he has done for our country, God knows that
    the folks in DC do not. regards Kent

I'm not running into any error with the F/A file. however I noticed it doesn't exactly match up in shape viewer with the actual shape. it's about .3m above the area it should be, haven't tested it in the sim yet, but if it's like the High Hood units, it is probably just a shape viewer issue.

Shawn that is what I think it is.

If i may suggest another way of sorting it, while Jeffs method does indeed cure the problem, it leaves the black sections you can see in the pic because the FA actually does need to have parts alpha'd out, my suggestion is to leave the prim state as it originally was with a 1 but add another shader

look for this right at the top of the file

shader_names ( 1
    named_shader ( TexDiff )

increase the shader_names ( 1 to 2

and add this line

named_shader ( BlendATexDiff )

so you end up with

shader_names ( 2
    named_shader ( TexDiff )
    named_shader ( BlendATexDiff )

the alpha will now work and the engine will not crash

i discovered a while back that MSTS will happily let you add extra shaders there without problems, i use it to enable alpha's to work without just changing the single line to BlendATexDiff as that can cause unwanted items to dissapear

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Quote Originally Posted by CSX4878 View Post
    I'm not running into any error with the F/A file. however I noticed it doesn't exactly match up in shape viewer with the actual shape. it's about .3m above the area it should be, haven't tested it in the sim yet, but if it's like the High Hood units, it is probably just a shape viewer issue.
    I dunno Shawn, Jeff's in-game shot seems to indicate otherwise. It's 0.5m higher for me. Now that begs the question - how can the height be fixed so it is positioned correctly?

That is what I mean, the F/A is higher than it should be. How can it be fixed is by SFM.

I want to thank all you guys for putting up with my mistake and the effort you guys have put into correcting it.
    Regards Kent

Just for my own knowledge and curiosity. I see the FA.sd file is calling for a different FA.s file, does this effect anything? I changed it to UP_SD40-2_3593FA.s and it still works.

on an FA file being used on engines & rolling stock rather than a scenery object as in this case, the FA's .sd file is not needed and is not used by MSTS, it can be safely deleted
    Last edited by burgerbern; 09-04-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.