Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage GO on the Halton Sub

Default Vintage GO on the Halton Sub

Finally completed the Hawker Siddeley single level cars, cab-cars et all. Still to come are the self-propelled "GO carts". Here is a string of shots on the CN Halton Sub in the Georgetown area, showcasing various configurations of equipment that was common on GO Transit in the mid-late '80s:

Cab-car #100 rolls out of Gerogetown (typically this consist would have been reversed, but for now, it'll do):

#101 departs leading four Bi-levels and an F40PH. This was a common sight until the delivery of the bi-level cab-cars:

crossing the Credit River:

Here is another example of an awkward consist (which I really miss nowadays given the boring uniformity of the fleet, a GP40-2 leading a single-level cab car, and a string of bi-levels:

A GP40-2 and an F9B APU pushing a string of single-level cars out of town:

Several cars became quite weathered near the end of their days with GO. Here's an example of #1099 weathered after photos:

Another common configuration of motive and hotel power:

Cab-car 107 leading over the Credit River:

Finally, FP7 APCU #901 prepares to depart with a short train in the late evening:
    Christer
    Formerly MP 31.3 CN Oakville Sub

Wow, fantastic screen shots of your fantastic work! Nice job Christer!

Damn Christer you amaze me!
    BTW are those Hawker-Siddeley cars to be released? I can skin them into AMT scheme and use them as a base for a model of AMT's EMUs used in the Mount Royal tunnel.
    Writer and Wolverine, among other things.
    Interested in railroad stories? Check out the Fiction vault:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...82#post1882582

Thanks guys. I wouldn't mind releasing these at somepoint, however, I'm still not happy with the fact that 90+% of the car is the FA (only the trucks and couplers are borrowed from KLW's Comet pack). When I get more time again I still would like to see if I can get my own trucks to function properly with Sketchup, but as of now all my attempts have been unsuccessful. Still not sure if it's even possible using Sketchup.
    Christer
    Formerly MP 31.3 CN Oakville Sub

Why can't you release this? I would love to have these on my vintage GO consists

It looks great! Those are the best! I do hope you get those trucks to work.

Does anyone remember when the single level cars were self propelled like an RDC and the GP40TCs were dark blue?

Paul :-)

I think that would've been in the late 60s to mid-70s, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Does anyone remember when the single level cars were self propelled like an RDC and the GP40TCs were dark blue? Paul :-)
    Feedback : I was too young to see those, ( Paul ), but Yes, I did railfan very extensively, while working in Toronto at my first (summer) job as a teenager, and seen lots of what Christer is showing. I was so fired-up by then brand-new GO Transit, that I even managed to obtain from either GO, or CN, the scale diagrams ( data sheets ), for both the single level cars, and was that those GP 40TC ( GP 40's with extended frames, and possibly with shorter fuel tanks ) .

We definitely would agree that we should do all we can , to help out Christer with the conversion from Sketchup, to such as GMax, as I do know than this can / has been, done , before . I will be offline for 10 days in a few seconds, but I am sure others can step up to the plate, to help out with this.

Jean Brisson

Hi Jean,

Yes, they had the stretched GP40TCs for a few years before the GP40-2(W) arrived, got repainted green about that time too. Only saw pictures of the single level cars running as self propelled trains myself, there were exhaust stacks on each side of the roof near the center of the car... where the wide window divider is.

http://www.michaeltaylor.ca/go-transit/9831.html

Paul :-)