Thread: Yard Cam

Default Yard Cam

I apologize if this has been asked, but my search didn't turn up anything.

I've noticed that when you start an activity on a route that has had the Yard Cam modifier modification so that the 7 view allows you unlimited free movement, causes errors in each world file. The messages indicates a missing texture file. I tracked this down to the Yard Cam modifer putting a forest type object in world file.

My question is this...is this a serious problem? The game seems to play just fine, and #2, is the OR team going to code around this or will we need to remove the yard cam modifier from routes so they work better with OR?

I think the OR team has done a great job and I look forward to the finished project.

Thanks!
    Mike
    Proud Supporter of OR
    Creator of YardMaster
    "Thanks for using YardMaster"

It doesn't impact game play, this is just a "warning" message that OR cannot find the texture file associated with a Forest Object in a specific world file. It happens when loading tiles where the Forest Object resides. To be honest, it's on the list to investigate - don't know if it is a real bug or a really that the texture is not defined for the Forest Object. Since it has no impact on game play, not a top priority to get to the bottom of the issue.
    Last edited by longiron; 10-01-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by mikephfl View Post
    My question is this...is this a serious problem? The game seems to play just fine.
    If the game plays fine and this Freeroam Yard Cam works the way it should then it is not a problem !

O t t o

It does not appear to have an affect on the game play so I would say it's not more than a warning. I just thought I'd bring it to the attention of the OR team.
    Mike
    Proud Supporter of OR
    Creator of YardMaster
    "Thanks for using YardMaster"