Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nvidia/PNY GeForce vs ATI/AMD Radeon?

The Horseshoe Curve has been created for TS 2012 and TSX and is making good use of the latter at settings I use and have shown above.

It is some RW-2 routes which when run in RW-3 with TSX On that are suffering, some more than others.

You can test that yourself by running any route other than the HSC with TSX On and Off and see whether you can notice a marked difference in the display of the scenery, in particular the distant one.

O t t o

Oh okay, I see what you mean. I'll give it a shot later this evening.

Interesting. I found that FPS stayed nearly the same with TSX On and Off. I made comparisons on three different routes: Newcastle to York, Barstow to San Bernardino, and the Horseshoe Curve.

Newcastle to York - Evening Express Scenario - averaged 36 fps
    TSX Off:

TSX On:

Barstow to San Bernardino - Pomona to Yermo Scenario - averaged 54 fps
    TSX Off:

TSX On:

Horseshoe Curve - Helper on the Curve Scenario - averaged 32 fps
    TSX Off:

TSX On:

The only difference I noticed graphics-wise was the lighting effects. Having TSX on does indeed produce a decidedly blue-tinted horizon. I did not notice any differences between textures with TSX on or off.

For the graphics settings, I used the same settings specified by Otto in his earlier post. I must have a different version of Catalyst Control Center than him, so I left my Catalyst settings on their default. FPSs were calculated using FRAPS' built in Benchmarking tool for the first 60 seconds of each scenario listed.

Let me know if you want me to try out any different routes. I have almost all the NA routes that are on Steam, aside from the NEC. Now we just need someone with an Nvidia 570 or 580 to come in and compare.

My relevant computer hardware is:
    - CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (E8500) overclocked to 4.0GHz
    - GPU: AMD 6970 not overclocked
    - RAM: 8 GB

What I dislike most in TS 2012 are these shadows on trackbeds and until they have been removed or can be turned off in Options I am not going to spend another cent on TS 2012 DLCs !

These shadows stop at the edge of trackbeds and do not extend onto terrain next to them, looking weird !

O t t o