Thread: Trying Out Allen Norton's Erie K5 Pacific

Default Trying Out Allen Norton's Erie K5 Pacific

Here's some snaps I took while testing out the engine. Now the engine file he gave me I had to edit to make it work as it should. There were a lot of things in there that needed to be changed. But I got it to run.

The engineer is in the likeness of Herb Kelsey according to Allen.

I love the wooden like textures on the tender's walkway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Edwin

Just two more for now. I may post more if he sends more updates.

By the way, this engine model is also another "Only for Open Rails" operation. Otherwise, MSTS would crash on you.
    Edwin

Had some texture problems from the previous shots. This updates it, and now looks like the engine has lesser "white" areas.

Edwin

Allen, I think these are texture generation. As when I see them in sim. I really don't notice the white areas.

But I'll look again just to make sure.

Yeah, it's like I said. I just ran the sim again. It don't show those white areas. It's only when the time the snap shot was taken. I guess my video card isn't fast enough to generate the texture image at the time of the shot. But otherwise, while running nothing odd happens. I don't even see any white areas.

Oh and just one more shot. Of our fireman - Tom Werb. And an excellent fireman too. I couldn't ask for more in OR. MSTS's auto fireman is sloppy.
    Last edited by ED_4; 12-22-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Edwin

Edwin

I'm not sure what you have going on there. I also noticed that your signal texture seems to be missing in one of the shots. I've included a couple of shot's taken this morning of the same model I sent to you yesterday. It has the same textures I sent to you but does not exhibit the same condition as yours. The texture has an alpha channel and was originally a TGA file.

Could it be that you have a display problem?

You also identified the model as a K5 but in actuality it is a K3. The K5 was a much larger and more modern locomotive based on a USRA design.

Allen
    Last edited by nortec; 12-23-2011 at 08:57 AM.