Thread: Calibrating RD with Vista and MSTS help needed

Default Calibrating RD with Vista and MSTS help needed

I'm having trouble getting the levers to calibrate correctly in Vista for MSTS. I have the registered version of RDtrain fix. The main problem is getting the dynamic brakes to work fully. I usually get up to 10% dynamic braking and my idle is more towards the dynamic brake position. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong? I did find a thread on page 2 by Richard Shirely asking a similar question. But whats in that thread doesn't seem to help.

EDIT: I also took some screen shots during a run with RD. But they aren't in my MSTS main folder like normal. Any idea where they may have ended up?

Thanks.
    Last edited by elitedubs; 12-26-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Anthony

Hello,

When the brake move at all and you have only 20%, you must change for example the brake factor value lower.

best regards

Udo

Thanks for the reply. I've the train and engine brakes dialed in. I just can't seem to figure out the dynamic brakes. The throttle seems pretty good for the most part.
    Anthony

Hello,

for beginners it is good to load a final profile for RDTrain Fix. Here you can load many profiles:

http://henkel.homedns.org/forum/boar...e718b5cd14e17b

When you have understand how RDTrain Fix works, it is easy to create your own profile.

best regards

Udo

I seriously must need this all spelled out for me. I can't get RD to calibrate right. I must be missing something..... I loaded your Dash9 profile and it behaves worse then the profile I'm working on setting. I'm about ready to tell my gf to send this thing back and get back to running trains with the keyboard!
    Anthony