Thread: Converting routes from Trainz 1.3 to Trainzs Railway Simulator 2006

Cool Converting routes from Trainz 1.3 to Trainzs Railway Simulator 2006

Hi there

I need help converting routes from Trainz 1.3 to Trainz Railway Simulator 2006?

Is it simply dragging and dropping the old Trainz 1.3 "world" folder in the same location or is somthing else needed?

I have Windows Vista,

I spent a long time creating a route in version 1.3 and would like to update the game to 2006, and keep my routes i have made,

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
    Pete

Hi I havenr got 1.3 installed any more but I think it may be simular to TRS2004 in that the layouts are in the custom folder so open it and copy the Maps folder to your desktop .
    If you want the content for the layout you will need to copy the Downloads folder to your desktop then close all open folders.
    Next open TRS2006 content manager and once it has opened go to top left click onto File and then left click onto import content and browse to the folder you want to put into 06 .
    Warning if you have a lot of kuid folders in your dispatcher downloads folder do not try to impotr them all at one time do say 30 at one time.
    Once 06 has impoted your content depending on how you set the 06 CM up they will either be committed for you or they wil be open for edit.
    If open for edit you need to left click to highlight the files then right click and select edit and left click onto commit, once again do not try to committ to many files at one time as the Cm does not like it.

You need to open the custom folder and copy the Maps folder to say desktop then if you ned the content that will be in the downloads folder which is located inside the dispatcher folder which in tirn is in the world folder.
    Next open the TRS2006 content manager and once open go to top left hand side click onto file then onto import contant then browse to the folder/foldrs you want to import.
    Warning 06 does not like a lot of content being imported at one time so do about 30 files at one time.
    Once the content has been imported depending on how you have set up the CM it will either have committed the content for you or it will have left them open for edit.
    If open for edit you will need to left click and highlight the files you want to commit then right click and select edit and left click onto commit