Thread: RailDriver Train Brake Handle Slipping

Default RailDriver Train Brake Handle Slipping

Unit is new, using it for about a week. The T handle (train brake) slips towards release. Is this something that I can adjust? Not sure if it is just a matter of taking it apart and tightening a screw, but don't want to do anything that might void the warranty. If I move it all the way up to the suspend position then bring it back down it will hold, but taking it from fully released to anywhere within a half inch of suspend will then begin to slip back down towards released on it's own.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Lenovo H420 Tower, Intel Core i5 2320 3 GHz processor, 1 TB SATA HD @ 7,200 rpm, 6 GB ram, Win7 64 bit, Asus HD6670 1GB Graphics Card.

I would contact RailDriver first and see what they recommend. Mine was just the opposite, so tight it squeaked. After two years of use it finally loosened enough to stop.

I will definitely give them a call. I though the case cover would lift off after removing 4 screws, but it looks like it may be interlocked somehow. The fix is not easy as it would seem!

Thanks,
    Rich

Just to update, the loose handle was not user servicable, and P.I. said it needed to be returned. After some back and forth, it was determined I ship it back to the dealer, which worked out better, as they will be picking up the cost of the return shipping, where P.I. would not.

Rich