Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L&N Mainline Sub Update

Default L&N Mainline Sub Update

Hi All, I just want to give everyone an update on the L&N Mainline Sub. The track work is nearly completed in all actuality it was completed but I decided to rip half of it out due to the inaccuricies of some of the grades. I still have some tweaking to do along the mainline as well as Osborne Yard. I still have to redo the trackwork at Kayne Ave Yard and Nashville Union Station as well as the 10 mile Glasgow Sub. It Originally was going to end at Kayne Ave Yard but I decided to extend it to Radnor. I like to thank Jerry Sullivan who is helping me with the signature bridges as well as some other tid-bits. I also encolsed some shots from Track Viewer of some different locales along the route. I will keep everyone updated as we move along in this project

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images

This sounds like a good route in the making. How long will it be? What are the start and end points?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

The route starts at Louisville Union station and will end at Radnor Yards in Nashville. It will also include the 10 mile Glasgow Branch. As far as the time line goes. To early to tell still have much of scenery to do once the trackwork is complete but I'm hoping sometime near the end of this year.

Chuck-

good luck with your route-I spent a lot of years in Nashville and so Ill really be looking forward to your work.

harlank

I really look forward to this, the Monon-2 ends just short of this route. I have also lived in the Elizabethtown area south of Louisville for many many years. This is a very active sub. It will be a nice addition to the train sim world.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

I agree with Rick, in terms of looking forward to this. Will be nice to go from one route to another and pick up where you left off.

Count in me as also looking forward to this route. With SPLITVEIN working on the LCL sub between Cincinnati and Louisville, we will have a whole lot of CSX in Kentucky covered!!!

I will look forward to what you are doing in Louisville metro area I am at odds wether I should do the south Louisvillle shops or try to do the present with the way the UofL campus is now. Lots of sports facilities. I have the track arrangement for present day right now. I have the Central avenue junction done and down to FX tower. I was not going to try to do Osborne yard. Queensgate in Cincinnati is challenge enough for me when it comes to yards. Since I am developing bridge building skills, I would like to do the big 4 bridge and the long approaches to it. I do want to do the Water street line too. Right now I am in the Cincinnati area trying to finish up scenery.
    My future plans are to do the KY sub to Corbin. That is a long way off though

Quote Originally Posted by SPLIT VEIN View Post
    I will look forward to what you are doing in Louisville metro area I am at odds wether I should do the south Louisvillle shops or try to do the present with the way the UofL campus is now. Lots of sports facilities. I have the track arrangement for present day right now. I have the Central avenue junction done and down to FX tower. I was not going to try to do Osborne yard. Queensgate in Cincinnati is challenge enough for me when it comes to yards. Since I am developing bridge building skills, I would like to do the big 4 bridge and the long approaches to it. I do want to do the Water street line too. Right now I am in the Cincinnati area trying to finish up scenery.
    My future plans are to do the KY sub to Corbin. That is a long way off though
    Hi Split Vein,

What era is this route and are you going as far north as Cincinnati Union Terminal?

Thanks

Rick

Hi Split Vein,

My Louisville metro area tracks so far is modern CSX arrangeement with the Louisville Union Termnal which I have a rough sketch of. As far as Osborne goes I have it somewhat completed with the Hump Yard, however when I originally planned this route I did not include Radnor Yards in Nashville which also has a Hump Yard. I probably will scale down 1 Yard. Which one, I don't know yet. If I include south Louisville Shops that may also determine which Yard I condense. Although I have to admit Osborne probably will be easier to replicate and save a more in depth Radnor yards for the S&NA North Sub in the futre or if anybody decides to tackle that.

Chuck