Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: L&N Mainline Sub Update

Will need to find someone willing to make the Louisville, Nashville, Horse Cave, Elizabethtown and Bowling Green stations.........
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quite true. I am still hoping someone will take on the creation of some modern coal mine structures, but so far, only one
    taker - Simon. Modern structures would include shaft elevator items, processing plant, silos, ventilation fans-----.

As it turned out, 2020 was a bummer year, what with the Covid issue. Even so, my wife and I flew out to Denver on Sept. 21, 2020, and then
    drove to Canon City where we rode the Royal Gorge Route. Then on to Antonito, CO where we stayed in a studio cabin at a local RV park.
    Got in 10 trips Antonito-Osier-Antonito. This year, 2021, there are still no buses being used, so trains will run from either end, RT to
    Osier. As we have our innoculations, we have reservation in Chama, NM starting Sept. 3. I will be scheduled on trains from either end of
    the line, so when I have a A-O-A trip, I'll drive over to Antonito (48 miles) to do it. The "Boss" has decreed that we will do these trips for
    no longer than 2 weeks, and it is Chama or nogo.

I suspect this summer will see a gusher of travel. So many people have been pent up for so long. Certainly myself. The tour busses are a big market, but even without them, I suspect you'll be busy. My guess is that Amtrak is going to do very well this summer, outside the northeast corridor (anecdotally I'm hearing that advance booking prices for sleepers are now reflecting this reality).
    Christopher