Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pesky annoying error messages about scenery

Quote Originally Posted by NWRRSteamPower View Post
    Here are the PRR Eastern region error messages I'm getting:
    "Error: continue? No extended shape data for su_cnjlqsem_homedistant.s"
    "Error continue? failed to open shape file: (The shape file name was something similar to the one in the error message above)"
    Did you look in the folder....\routes\PRR EAST REG\SHAPES to see if the files we infact missing?
    Charles

Yes, they were missing, and something else... I am also apparently "missing" a ton of other shape files that start with "su_". I'm also missing some "GJFertilizer" file as well. Starting to think if I should just delete the entire PRR route and re install... This is getting to be really annoying as I've had the route for months and have never been able to play it without interruption.

Yes, they were missing, and something else... I am also apparently "missing" a ton of other shape files that start with "su_". I'm also missing some "GJFertilizer" file as well. Starting to think if I should just delete the entire PRR route and re install... This is getting to be really annoying as I've had the route for months and have never been able to play it without interruption.
    From thatI surmize that you installed the multi Zip version rather than the single zip version and failed to install all the parts. Try doing a reinstall over what is there.
    Charles

There's a SINGLE zip version? Where can it be found to download?

There's a SINGLE zip version? Where can it be found to download?
    http://columbuslocomotiveworks.com
    Charles

I would like to sincerely thank everyone who helped me fix this problem! I now have the route up & running, but with just ONE minor problem... The overhead wires don't show. How can I fix this? Also, would anyone know how to change the smoke that comes out of the factories?
    Last edited by NWRRSteamPower; 02-24-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Look in the ROUTES\PRR EAST REG folder and find the WIRED UP.Bat file and run it to show the wires. If your west of Harrisburg where there are no overhead wires on the route run the WIRES-HIDDEN.Bat to remove them.
    Later,
    Spud

Ok.. I'm having another problem. When starting in Altoona I get the error message: "No extended shape data for: 'SR_4tCrv_W_01000r05d.s' ". Then it gives me other error messages about other shape files with similar names. Another name for a file it had trouble with that I got error messages for was: "SR_1tStr_W_005m.s". Now being that they start with "SR" I am going to guess this has something to do with ScaleRail? Though that wouldn't make sense because I downloaded the ScaleRail from the Trainsim website. If this was the wrong version and I need a different one for the PRR Eastern region, could someone send me the link for it please?

I remember seeing another thread somewhere else about someone having the same problem.

Lightbulb Use Single Content Search Tab for Advanced Search

I remember seeing another thread somewhere else about someone having the same problem.
    Yes that's true . . . In the Advanced Search Panel just select the Single Content Search Tab for the post and you'll have it. Easy huh? Sorry I don't have the time to do a search for you.
    Enjoy!
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"