Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Routes Would You Love to Have?

Default Which Routes Would You Love to Have?

My dream routes...

Kouvola--Pieksämäki, central Finland. 180 km / 110 miles, single track mainline with fairly dense traffic, before 1970s electrification. Woodlands, lots of lakes, bridges. And what would be needed too are an Hr12 diesel and an all-wooden coach set - all-wooden trains could at that time be seen as eg. pre-Christmas additional expresses!

Kiruna--Luleå, northern Sweden. A barren land, almost uninhabited, with very heavy ore trains (heaviest in Europe excluding Russia, I think) and some long-distance express train from Stockholm and Malmö.

Rhätische Bahn (Rhaetian Railway), Switzerland. Even though the gauge is narrow (1,000 mm) this network is as high-tech as any Swiss standard gauge line.
    !PAW.JPG
    Heikki

My dream routes are:
    Alaska Railroad route: a route which extends from Seward and Whittier, in the south of the state of Alaska, in the United States, to Fairbanks (passing through Anchorage), and beyond to Eielson Air Force Base and Fort Wainwright in the interior of that state (wikipedia for the win )
    It could be a great winter route.

Simplon orient express route : a route that represents the steam train simplon orient express, ofcourse shortend a little since a country or 7 isn't that great on the FPS counter.

Finish the Canada transcon to Vancouver
    Montreal to Toronto
    Providence to Worcester

SP/UP Indio to Tucson/Phoenix through Yuma, and up to El Paso. 3dTrainStuff is already making the West Colton-Indio section.

Another one will be a route from Bakersfield to north up to Fresno and Sacramento/Stockton. Regardless of which railroad.

The UP's Sherman hill, from Wyoming to Denver where 844 takes that frontier day's special, also known as home of the Bigboy.

My dream route i LOVE to have is CR's Chicago Line running between Selkirk towards Cleveland, then connect towards the "future" CR Indy Line Extension to Berea/Cleveland.. then maybe if anyone is up to build from Berea towards Chicago including flat Indiana wheatlands and Elkhart..
    Dave Edwards

cvo2010 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NP2206 View Post
    The UP's Sherman hill, from Wyoming to Denver where 844 takes that frontier day's special, also known as home of the Bigboy.
    I have to agree with you about that one, Ryan, that would be something .

Claus
    Last edited by cvo2010; 03-06-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Is Up's Sherman Hill available. I just did a search, and nothing came up.

David

Which Routes Would You Love to Have?
    Hmmmmm.....being as how it was asked in PLURAL:

KLS&C - Paw Paw [Mich] to Hartford [Mich].

C&NW - Chicago to Madison.

AMTRAK [CSX, etc] - Chicago to Grand Rapids.

C&O - Grand Rapids [Mich] to Traverse City [Mich]

I could go on and on but.....
    Road Foreman

Quote Originally Posted by NP2206 View Post
    I agree. We seriously need a real route to run Big Boys and Challengers on.