Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecting SB-B to Bakersfield

I did some DEM testing covering San Diego to Bakersfield (lofty visions of a So Cal route), and aside from getting all the DEM finished, the blank route took quite a while to load. I can only imaging how long it would take had the route been populated (even model for), let alone a route the size of the US might not even fit on most hard drives.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

There is really no need to have one complete route for the entire excursion. As many of you know, there are route "series" in MSTS that allow one to almost go completely across the country, one segment or route at a time. Those worked quite well. Some of the Western routes actually used the same assets and format, so the user just ends one segment and opens another, sometimes at the same station, and moves on to the next. It really doesn't present any problems. Its as if you were stopping for an engineer or equipment change. You get off, have a bathroom break and a cup of coffee and get back on and take the next leg. Going from Mojave to Bakersfield would be a reasonable size route. Going from West Colton or San Bernardino to downtown Los Angeles would also not be too bad, as its been done by others in MSTS more than once. Los Angeles to Sand Diego is a similar connection that could be done in a single route. So, San Diego to LA, to San Bernardino, to Mojave, to Bakersfield, to points North could make for an interesting project. Oh, and it worked in MSTS because these were often non-commercial freeware routes so a player didn't go bankrupt trying to make the whole trip. Just saying.....

Doug

I've tried that link(http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/rw-down...homas-otto.rar) multiple times and found out it doesn't work. Anyone know of another way to find the mojave extension?

This link will get you to the RW downloads. http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/rw-downloads/ If it isn't one of the ones listed you will have to ask Otto to put it up for you.
    John

ok need some help, im having a brain fart lol i downloaded the route, and yes i have TS 2012, ran the package.exe installed it to the path for railworks, but it doesnt show up in the route, ok what the heck did i do wrong, i can't figure it out. thank you for your help in advance.

So is this in the works Mojave to Bakersfield?