Thread: RailDriver Fix Question

Default RailDriver Fix Question

Hoping to get answers here due to a language barrier at the German site. I loaded the RailDriver Fix interface, and it does work, but apparently the slider controls work from bottom to top (off to maximum), rather than how RD is set up to run. Is this correct, am I overlooking something? Seems the best I can do is use the throttle right option (engine brake slider) as not to deal with the reverser nuetral (nob) or train break detent.

I also noticed the zoom rocker switch and 4 way panning button are disabled, correct?

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. This is not a RailDriver Fix complaint, I'll take this rather than no RD at all, after all it was under $7.

Open Rails has been a God-send! Thanks to the developers addressing RailDriver early on!

Thanks,
    Rich
    Lenovo H420 Tower, Intel Core i5 2320 3 GHz processor, 1 TB SATA HD @ 7,200 rpm, 6 GB ram, Win7 64 bit, Asus HD6670 1GB Graphics Card.

Default RDTrainFix Details

Quote Originally Posted by RichF View Post
    Hoping to get answers here due to a language barrier at the German site. I loaded the RailDriver Fix interface, and it does work, but apparently the slider controls work from bottom to top (off to maximum), rather than how RD is set up to run. Is this correct, am I overlooking something? Seems the best I can do is use the throttle right option (engine brake slider) as not to deal with the reverser nuetral (nob) or train break detent.

I also noticed the zoom rocker switch and 4 way panning button are disabled, correct?

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. This is not a RailDriver Fix complaint, I'll take this rather than no RD at all, after all it was under $7.

Open Rails has been a God-send! Thanks to the developers addressing RailDriver early on!

Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich,

I have been using RDTrainFix for couple years now and EVERYTHING works just as RailDriver worked under Windows XP using the original drivers.

There is a Check Box next to each Control 'Factor' box that reverses the direction of that control.

On the left side is the 'Lever Selection' box, there are 6 choices for what each lever does and a LABELLED picture at the bottom showing the function of the RailDriver controls for that TYPE of locomotive.

And finally, at the top, there is the 'Button Occupancy' box with 3 choices of Engine Type that sets what all the Blue Buttons & Rockers do. You are free chose whichever of the 3 that gives the buttons the assignment you prefer (I happen to like STEAM no matter what I drive).

By the way, when calibrating your RailDriver the starting position for all controls is closest to you (not completely clear in the Instructions).

Amen to your comments about OpenRail, can hardly wait for the next Update!

Anyone is free to contact me about RDTrainFix questions, as I feel I have Udo's fine program pretty well figured out!

Paul

Edit: DO NOT Forget to click the SAVE button after making any changes to the RDTrainFix screen to make them permanent.
    Last edited by farrmp; 03-25-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to SAVE Changes

Wow! Thanks for setting me straight, and the quick response! I would guess you use the HUD for the speedometer, as the LED on the RD isn't valid?

Thanks,

Rich
    Last edited by RichF; 03-25-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Lenovo H420 Tower, Intel Core i5 2320 3 GHz processor, 1 TB SATA HD @ 7,200 rpm, 6 GB ram, Win7 64 bit, Asus HD6670 1GB Graphics Card.

Rich,

Right, the readout is now the Throttle Percentage, so the HUD or Track Monitor for speed indication.

Enjoy,

Paul