Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NS Pittsburgh Subdivision (TS09)

That's our town alright!!!!

Wild Willy the Wacko

Getting Anxious

Hope you are making progress. There are some similar routes in the RW3 game but the usual low quality with repeating copy/paste vegetation. This looks much better!
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

Is this route, the one known as "Horseshoe Curve" ? ( i am not from the USA ).
    Yma O Hyd

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Is this route, the one known as "Horseshoe Curve" ? ( i am not from the USA ).
    Yes, The Norfolk Southern (NS) Pittsburg Line is the line that runs over the Horsehoe Curve.

Quote Originally Posted by fleegle411 View Post
    Yes, The Norfolk Southern (NS) Pittsburg Line is the line that runs over the Horsehoe Curve.
    Many thanks Jimmy, definitely one to look forward to.
    Yma O Hyd

Is it done yet and if it is send me the link man this is awsome always go there on vaction!!

i may release a demo, i keep running into snags that set me back, but i am still working on it.

jcalmx,

I recognize the locations of almost all of the screen shots you've provided. Very nice work! I am thinking of purchasing Trainz and your route may have just made my decision for me. I need to read up some more on Trainz, but a quick questions for now... Do I need to purchase TS09 to run your route or will the latest version of Trainz (version 12 I think) run it as well? Thanks!

]thank you ajjonesx, yes i actually i can replace the trees that can be only used in 09 and just replace them with "speedtrees" that only work with trainz 10 and 12 so yeah its will be doable

And for all you PRR fans that have trainz there is great news MY buddy Steve lerro, and his buddy bill are making a payware pre-ware and post war K4 that are close to release keep an eye on the trainz forums to see when it is released

Last edited by jcalmx; 05-29-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Re K4: The wheels/trucks/bogies/etc. look quite indistinct. Same with the cow catcher area. I hope the end result is not a "pretty" tourist railroad model but one that has the character of the period in which it operated. The reason I am concerned about the visuals on the K4 is that I bought the Blue Comet from Auran and it look terrible. If it was free I would not have downloaded it. The physical model was ok but whoever painted it just use the paint-bucket tool and shades of grey. Very much like a cartoon or older computer rendering.

I am not sure that the "people" standing at attention as the train passes is not a bit excessive. I am anxious to get my virtual hands on the route. I will probably do some replacements of the track and ballast using the Ultra stuff. Yes, unfortunately SpeedTrees are forced in T2012. Trunda trees are the best I have ever seen but just don't work without compatibility mode.
    )
    From what I see this rendition of the Curve is much nicer than the one I bought () for RailWorks.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.