Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NS Pittsburgh Subdivision (TS09)

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    Yes, unfortunately SpeedTrees are forced in T2012. Trunda trees are the best I have ever seen but just don't work without compatibility mode.
    Just buy TS2010, there isn't that much difference in performance.

I think TS2010 runs better anyway. If you do any switching you will find 2010 doesn't have the 2012 "pop-up" as you spin around to change viewpoint. Hate the buildings playing "peek-a-boo" in 2012.

Trainz allows as many versions and copies as you have hard-drive space.

Harold

TS2010 is still on my PC. Anytime I want a ride through a cool forest this summer I use the East Kentucky route from CheckRails. I have "enriched the vegetation" to remove some repetitive plantings as well as upgrading the ground textures to hi-res. But the Trunda trees remain untouched. Riding this route actually gives you a strong sense of the sights and smells of a cool forest. SpeedTrees, with their artificial clumps of leaves stuck on a wierdly color tree trunks, do not come close. But as Trainz begins the silent move towards a more game-like product TS2010 can be recalled as a watershed when things began to come together. TS2012 has now reversed that.

A Western Pennsylvania route with Trunda trees would be quite nice. It is easy to replace them with SpeedTrees if you want to "move up" to TS2012. Too many routes end up with "token" vegetation as long stretches of track are lined with repeating tree sections and no undergrowth. It is as if someone from the railroad comes in and mows the trackside brush down to the ground weekly. No wonder they can't make money...

Standing-by for The Route
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

If you do release a demo what will the demo cover like Altoona to Cresson or Altoona to Johntowns? Also will it work on Ts12?

yes it will be atoona to cresson, and yes it will work in ts 12

Awesome.Theirs like about 4 people doing to the pittsbugh line an your the close one to being done

Any update?? My lawn is brown so do not need to mow and woring with a new route would be great. I hope you do not use the old TS2004 trees. Makes it a pain to replace them all.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$ 4.2ghz, GTX 750 2gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator Murysville,Pa.

nope not finished yet, i was doing some trimming today trying to get better frame rates out of the route

jcalmx,

Love the NS Heritage units! I saw the Norfolk and Western and Nickel Plate Road units when I was in Cresson, PA in May. I just received Trainz Simulator 12 in the mail today, so I'm ready for ya!

Andrew

I have pretty much shelved the program for now. I am beset with stuttering in TS12 and can't find a root cause. Multiple de-frags, moving TS1012 to the disk's outer tracks for greater speed, consolidating the data so it is not scattered, etc. Your route looks like something that would encourage me to revisit the program.

I probably need to go back to TS2010 and see if stutters follow me.
    Regards - Dick