Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Route Editor!

Red face Route Editor!

Hello!
    Me again,still working on the Alaska Route-i have a question regarding the Route Editor since i have a 24 inch HD Monitor
    and made the RE display larger and works fine,but is there a way to make all editors segments like the Object display-or any
    other larger?

Anybody, is there a way,if so how?
    Thanks!

fssarno
    Arno

Quote Originally Posted by FSSARNO View Post
    i have a question regarding the Route Editor since i have a 24 inch HD Monitor
    and made the RE display larger and works fine,but is there a way to make all editors segments like the Object display-or any
    other larger?
    Hi Arno, you need to get Resource Hacker. There are several sources, and here's one. After installing I gave it a Working sub-folder.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Program...e-Hacker.shtml

Make a backup of the "dialog.dll" in your MSTS main folder and put a copy into your Working sub-folder. If you use BIN, make sure you have the version you wish to stick with since updating BIN will wipe out your edits. Start ResHacker and open "dialog.dll".

How to find the dialog you want: There are several words on the Object window you mentioned. At "View" do a "Find Text...". If you look for "object", you will get several hits before you finally get to the dialog 146 that you want. Here's how it looks.

There are two direct ways to go about editing this dialog. The first is to do a little typing. For instance you could simply change "elev:" to "elevation:". However, now's your chance to finally get that one corrected. It applies only to pieces of track, and it's "Angle:" The four numerical coordinates for each element work as follows: 1st - pixels from left border, 2nd - from top border, 3rd - pixel width, 4th - pixel height.

The second method is to operate with the mouse right on the dialog window. For instance just drag the borders to a new window size. Click on any element in the dialog and you can move the element or drag it's borders to a new size. After a while you can have a nice rearranged dialog.

However, there's an indirect method that may get you closer to what you really want, and it's trivially easy. None of the above does anything for font size. If you're after that also, right-click anywhere (except the blue region in my screenie) inside the dialog window and select "Edit Dialog". This window pops up.

Simply edit the Font Size and select OK, and this just happens immediately. I set the font size to an over-sized 20 just to give you an idea. You'll have to experiment to get what you want.

With any method, when satisfied click on the "Compile Script" button. For MSTS you can also edit "string.dll" to change how the sim gives you info or "talks" to you. You might be careful not to reveal what you're really thinking on that one.

regards,
    charlie

Charlie!
    Thanks a million for your help.
    Did make the changes and everything working fine.

Thanks again!
    fssarno
    Arno

You're in trouble now Arno. You'll be tinkering with dialog.dll and string.dll forever now...

regards,
    charlie

Hi Charlie!
    Can you give some advise i have new computer-Windows 8 Pro-3 gen. intel-16 mb ram and i,m using Rehacker and this work fine
    except in the Placement Dialog ,cannot get more then 5 lines for track pieces.
    Is this because of Windows 8 ?
    Can you help me this!

Thanks for your help before and this very helpful.

fssarno
    Arno

Quote Originally Posted by FSSARNO View Post
    Is this because of Windows 8 ?
    Can you help me this!
    I'm sorry Arno, I've not gone anywhere near Win8 yet and can't offer any advise for it.

EDIT: But what's wrong with the dialog you get with BIN? It has bunches more than 5 lines...

regards,
    charlie
    Last edited by charlie; 02-04-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Is this is what you are referring to? If so a program to make the Object Placement Window larger was uploaded to the F/L here some time ago. I tried to find a link to the file but a search resulted in about 20 pages and I just didn't have the time to go through all of them. Perhaps someone here will be able to supply a link. As you can see the window is much larger and has scrolling ability. I originally downloaded this to a Me OS, currently working on Vista Ultimate, Iy may work on W8.

[IMG][/IMG]

John

ResHacker\dialog.dll\dialog\module 144

Below is the modified module 144 which will produce a module as show in above post. This is dll, Vista Ultimate.

144 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 158, 213

STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
    EXSTYLE WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW

CAPTION "Placement"

LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US

FONT 8, "Times New Roman"
    {

CONTROL "", 1168, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 2, 193, 35, 12

CONTROL "", 1133, LISTBOX, LBS_NOTIFY | LBS_NOINTEGRALHEIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 46, 15, 111, 160

CONTROL "More..", 1134, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 47, 178, 63, 12

CONTROL "", 1123, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | BS_ICON | BS_CENTER | BS_TOP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 65535, 207, 109, 6

CONTROL "x:", -1, STATIC, SS_CENTER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 0, 15, 10, 10

CONTROL "y:", -1, STATIC, SS_CENTER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 0, 28, 10, 10

CONTROL "z:", -1, STATIC, SS_CENTER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 0, 40, 10, 10

CONTROL "grid:", 1040, BUTTON, BS_AUTOCHECKBOX | BS_LEFTTEXT | BS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 5, 179, 39, 10

CONTROL "tile objects:", -1, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 40, 195, 36, 10

CONTROL "0", 1171, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 85, 194, 23, 10 , 0x00020000

CONTROL "0", 1136, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 10, 15, 35, 12 , 0x00020000

CONTROL "0", 1137, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 10, 27, 35, 12 , 0x00020000

CONTROL "0", 1138, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 10, 39, 35, 12 , 0x00020000

CONTROL "", 1167, STATIC, SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 10, 3, 99, 10 , 0x00020000
    }

John
    Last edited by DCRR1; 02-05-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Hi Ctndi!
    Thanks for your help.
    I have now tried your data 4 times but still not get just 5 lines.
    Is this because my new computer has windows 8 Pro,with 16 Mb ram?
    Maybe you have more ideas to solve this?

Again Thank you for your help!

fssarno
    Arno

It may very well be Windows 8 and how it handles the output of various programs. I am no expert in computers. However I believe that an edited .dll should have the same output on any computer.

Using ResHack, did you try to stretch individual portions of the box using the handles and arrows?

JOHN