Thread: RailDriver can't find the game

Default RailDriver can't find the game

Hello Folks!
    I'm not a newbie in MSTS ( Play since 2002 ). But I own Raildriver only since 2009.
    Before having big problems with my old computer ( Motherboard out of service) all run good , MSTS ans RD controller .
    My Msts is intalled on anther hard drive than C:\ .
    MSTS run without problem on the other Hdrive .I have reinstalled this weekend RDriver , and got any problems. But when i start Msts with RDManager , it ask me where is MSTS game , and open a window whish i can choose the MSTS Hard Drive path , but only with folders game , and not files.
    As the Train.exe is a file , i can't choose it !
    I get an Bad game file Path and of course cant start the game .
    What 's wrong ? Can any body please help me ?
    Thank you by advance and Have a good Day

Christophe

Are you trying this on Windows 7? If so...

The Raildriver console works with MSTS on Windows XP using the PI Engineering manager. However, the PI Engineering manager does not work with Vista or Windows 7.

To use a Raildriver with Vista and Windows 7, you'll need to use a program called RDTrainFix, which is donationware.

http://henkel.homedns.org/forum/main...930428c50bfa78

Its creator is Uhen, who can be emailed at (uhen (at) henkel.homedns.org).

I have this program, and I can verify that it works on my Windows 7 machine and is worth the 5 Euros.

P.S. The program is in both German and English. You can use Google Translate to navigate the forums.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Hello Nick !
    Thank you for your fast answers!( And congratulation for your LS&I awesome work)
    No NO!! I run my computer with Windows XP Home ( and will never migrate toward Seven or Vista)
    Christophe

The default path should be C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Train Simulator. That should be the set MSTS path unless you've changed the drive or folder location.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

If is a mini (or other non default location) try this...start game, pause game, go to desktop or wherever you can access the RD Manager, start the manager, return to game.

Quote Originally Posted by ckawahara View Post
    If is a mini (or other non default location) try this...start game, pause game, go to desktop or wherever you can access the RD Manager, start the manager, return to game.
    Hi Ckawahara
    Yes i agree with you ! that was i do with my old mother board computer , when i forgot to start TS with RDmanager !But unfortunatly this time , this method don't work as well
    As usually , mystery of Windows and Train SIm
    That's what i lookin for , is there a way to change Raildriver default path , which file in his folder, to match with my Msts Hard Drive ?

Thank all to try help me Have a good day !

Christophe

Hi Folks! I always get the same problem
    I tried to reinstall Raildriver software 2 times, and nothing change !
    Somebody know how to change the default RailDriver path , by editing one of his file or folder , which allow to install it on my "F:\" , rather than "C:\" ?
    Thank you and have a good day!
    Christophe

For Steam/RailWorks installed using non-default settings:

Windows XP:
    Double-click on My Computer and open the C:\ Drive.
    Click on 'Tools' -> 'Folder Options...', go to the 'View' tab and click the button by 'Show hidden files and folders' then click OK.
    Navigate to [C:\Documents and Settings\[your login name]\Local Settings\Application Data\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts] and you should see a file like Script_210_##.mw3
    Double-click on this file to open it. Windows may tell you that it cant open this file, if so choose 'Select the program from a list', find and choose 'Notepad' then click OK.
    Once this file is open, you will need to find the following line and change the letter from C: to the drive where you have Steam with RailWorks installed, or change the full path if you have it in a non-default location Dim dllpaths As String() = {"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\plugins\", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\plugins\"} 'locations of the RailDriver.dll
    After changing this line, go to 'File' -> 'Save' and then close this window.
    Start up MacroWorks 3. It should load correctly now.

Windows Vista & 7
    Find Notepad on your computer, right-click on the icon and select 'Run as administrator.'
    In Notepad, go to 'File' -> 'Open'. If you don't have your computer set to show hidden folders, do this now ('Organize' -> 'Folder and Search Options'. Choose the 'View' tab and click the box by 'Show hidden folders, files'. Save these settings.)
    Change the file type from 'Text' to 'All files' then:
    If you have received an error message about being unable to find the .dll file, navigate to [C:\Users\[your login name] \AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts] and you should see a file that looks like Script_210_##.mw3. Select this and click 'Open'. You may also want to edit the file in the step below, as this is used if you ever start a 'New' script.
    If you have not tried to run MacroWorks 3 at all and have never seen an error message about the missing .dll file, navigate to [C:\Program Files (x86)\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\Devices\RailDriver], select RailWorks_Script_210_template.mw3 and click 'Open'.
    Once this file is open, you will need to find the following line and change the letter from C: to the drive where you have Steam with RailWorks installed, or change the full path if you have it in a non-default location Dim dllpaths As String() = {"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\plugins\", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\plugins\"} 'locations of the RailDriver.dll
    After changing this line, go to 'File' -> 'Save' and then close this window.
    Start up MacroWorks 3. It should load correctly now.
    Reprogramming

The above is from the RailDriver site at http://www.raildriver.com/support/railworks.php

Hello Dick !
    Thank you for this awesomes tricks. Very well detailed , indeed !
    But , if you refer t my first post, it talk about MS Train Simulator , not RAILWORKS . And , my PI Engineering folder doesn't contain " MacroWorks 3" file , even with showing hidden files , because my RailDriver is calibrated to macht with Microsoft Train Simulator .

Have a good day !