Thread: A clock...

Default A clock...

Has anyone ever come up with a clock you can add to the cab panel or HUD dislay?

Noel

Yes, a digital one that displays 12 or 24 hour system. Available via the MSTS cab editor or the below .cvf code:

DigitalClock (
    Type ( CLOCK DIGITAL_CLOCK )
    Position ( 484 223 64 64 )
    Style ( 24HOUR )
    Accuracy ( 1 )
    ControlColour ( 255 255 0 )
    )

First 2 values of position line determine where in the cab you want it.

John

I wonder why they did not implement analogue clocks ...
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

Thanks John. Looks simple enough, a lot like adding instruments to flight simulator aircraft.

Now, if they could make aGPS that follows your train's route while driving that would be awesome. Something with a lot more detal than the track monitor, like a moving map display.

Noel

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Now, if they could make a GPS that follows your train's route while driving that would be awesome. Something with a lot more detail than the track monitor, like a moving map display.
    Yes, since trying TRAINZ years ago which has it I have asked for similar to be made possible in MSTS, like the Activity Editor Play function can show the movements of player and AI trains.

Railworks has it now with it's #9-map and it is a tremendous help for checking where your train is and what it is doing !

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Thanks John. Looks simple enough, a lot like adding instruments to flight simulator aircraft.

Now, if they could make aGPS that follows your train's route while driving that would be awesome. Something with a lot more detal than the track monitor, like a moving map display.

Noel
    Noel, you are quite welcome. For some cab ideas like digital guages or whatever do a text search for: hopkins . I have afew cabs on page 3 I think.

You will never see a moving map in this version of MSTS. I use the mile posts to determine where I am. Until I learn a route I keep a spreadsheet nearby. This shows mp's for stations, sidings, x-overs, etc. If a rote has no mp's, I put them in.

John

Forgot the yrdcam40-1.zip in the File Library which after installing can set all of a route's World tiles to show you a movable and zoomable overhead view of the area you are in when pressing #7.

It does however not move with the train and only the switch ahead of the player train and the one behind as shown by the movable F8 display can be thrown with G and SHIFT-G.

However, my #5 Passenger camera shown below installed into locos moves with the train but can be rotated only and not zoomed.

O t t o