Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: RW 3 Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Question RW 3 Help

    Hello!

    I am getting RailWorks 3 but I ordered it about a week ago from Amazon and it still has not yet arrive. (Becuase of the 4th of July and Sunday.) So while Im waiting, can some people who have Railworks 3 some tips and some basic fetures. Including the world editor. I am predicting that now it should arive in about 2 days.

    Thank You!

    P.S. I have MSTS but I like them both becuase you can drive a train and create your own routes.

    Note: There is a spelling error on my Signature. I see that to! I will fix that and hopfuly be fix the next time.
    Last edited by tgriebel; 07-10-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Spelling Error on Signature
    tgriebel; also known as "Stickmanstudoes"
    Creator of New York State Railroads

    Railroads give off less CO2 than trucks and cars. They should be saved.

  2. #2

    Default

    Did not know that Amazon sells it on DVD.

    Railworks-3 / TS-2012 has to be installed online to STEAM, who after creating a new account for you, if you do not have one already, records your user ID and a password to log into your account and then activates it. It can then be run on-line or off-line.

    http://www.railsimulator.com/support.php

    The minimum 2GB RAM quoted is out of date now, most recent complex routes requiring at least 4GB, only possible with a 64-bit version of Windows.

    O t t o

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    8,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Did not know that Amazon sells it on DVD.
    Title says CD-ROM, but the box art is DVD:

    http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Synergy-Ra...ds=railworks+3
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

    Signature

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamba, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    3,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    ....The minimum 2GB RAM quoted is out of date now, most recent complex routes requiring at least 4GB, only possible with a 64-bit version of Windows.....
    What do you classify as a "complex route", Otto?
    Every route that I have runs fine on W7 32-bit.

    BK

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    What do you classify as a "complex route", Otto? Every route that I have runs fine on W7 32-bit.
    Routes like the Aerosoft Cologne to Düsseldorf, Railsim.de Hamburg to Bremen route, RSC London to Brighton and others like them to be released in future, the Hamburg one clearly specifying that it needs at least 4GB of RAM only a WIN 64-bit version can provide.

    Try do to any work in the editors of such "Complex" routes in WIN 32-bit and you will get many SBHHs and other errors, even when running some of their scenarios.

    Have you read other threads on the subject, there are many of in all TS-2012 forums.

    O t t o

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamba, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    3,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Routes like the Aerosoft Cologne to Düsseldorf, Railsim.de Hamburg to Bremen route, RSC London to Brighton and others like them to be released in future, the Hamburg one clearly specifying that it needs at least 4GB of RAM only a WIN 64-bit version can provide.

    Try do to any work in the editors of such "Complex" routes in WIN 32-bit and you will get many SBHHs and other errors, even when running some of their scenarios.

    Have you read other threads on the subject, there are many of in all TS-2012 forums.

    O t t o
    Aaah, okay.
    No, I don't like European routes but I do run a few of the UK add-ons....no problems with them either. Graphics at high detail levels and fps "locked" at 30.
    Any routes that require 64-bit in order to run (either now or in future) I will simply bypass.

    No, haven't read any threads on the subject as it doesn't particularly interest me. I was just curious as to your definition of "complex route", is all.

    BK

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    With so many changes to the core, particularly following the last update, I wonder how many of the original files installed from the DVD actually remain unaltered. Ergo, unless the boxed copy is updated, new customers might as well just order direct from Steam as you probably don't save much bandwidth installing from disc at this stage.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I was just curious as to your definition of "complex route", is all.
    My definition of "Complexity" is the same as that defined by much you can find doing a GOOGLE for it !

    O t t o

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clarksville, TN and Cortona, Italy
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    By the time Otto modifies everything to his "taste" and adds lots of loops, every route becomes complicated!

    But he's having fun and that's what counts.

    Tom Pallen

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->