Thread: Curious about a Seligman 2.0 problem

Default Curious about a Seligman 2.0 problem

I have read over some of the problems others have had but this is a new one. I keep getting errors saying the folowing: No extended shape data for SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.s WHAT is this calling for?...I have the proper x-tracks and newroads installed. At first I thought SR ment Scalerail (and or roads) but Streamlines doesnt call for scaleroads. Any ideas?

That is a Scaleroads file, so perhaps it slipped into the route without knowledge. Interesting find, probably should contact SLI about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CSX4878 View Post
    That is a Scaleroads file, so perhaps it slipped into the route without knowledge. Interesting find, probably should contact SLI about it.
    I THINK I know what happened here after you telling me that. I use shape and texture files from OTHER routes mostly for buildings and other sceanery objects, Im just not sure now WHICH one. Since Ive lost some files I wanted to save, where might one find this "Scaleroads" download? Thanks for your help.

I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

SLI used ScaleRoads on the Green River Route and on Seligman 2. All required ScaleRoads files should have been installed by the Seligman 2 installer (ScaleRoads .s and .sd files go into the GLOBAL\Shapes folder). I can't say if that is really the case since I already had ScaleRoads before I got Seligman 2. I get no errors for missing ScaleRoads files on that route.
    Last edited by uli2; 07-20-2012 at 03:36 AM.

trainman 47,

I just checked and my Seligman v2 has SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.s from the factory. It is installed the Global shapes folder. I had no other add on route installed so it must have been included in the download from Streamlines.

Yours truly,
    Leland

Quote Originally Posted by lvf View Post
    trainman 47,

I just checked and my Seligman v2 has SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.s from the factory. It is installed the Global shapes folder. I had no other add on route installed so it must have been included in the download from Streamlines.

Yours truly,
    Leland
    Leland,

the error message "No extended shape data for SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.s" means that the .sd file is missing. Could you check if you have "SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.sd" in the Global\Shapes folder?

Uli

Quote Originally Posted by uli2 View Post
    Leland,

the error message "No extended shape data for SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.s" means that the .sd file is missing. Could you check if you have "SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.sd" in the Global\Shapes folder?

Uli
    And if you do have it, open it and make sure that the SHAPE line matches the filename.
    Charles

I had installed Seligman 2 into a separate folder outside of my MSTS installation, then copied it into my Train Simulator folder. I checked the separate installation for "SR_dirt_2LStr_010M_NA.sd" and found that it is present in the "Global\Shapes" folder. The SHAPE line in the .sd file matches the name of the .s file, so there is definitely no fault on SLI's side here.

Dear uli2,

Yes, the .sd file is there also.

Yours truly,
    Leland