Thread: Doesn't save route addons...

Default Doesn't save route addons...

Hi. I've a problem with my MSTS. I have installed alot of routes, recently, the Berlin U-Bahn U5. But no of the routes seems to work. In the U5 addon, there was also included a train, that works 100% fine. But the route doesn't appear in the game. Only the train. I have tried to run the game as administrator, that doesn't work. Is there anything else i can do to try to get my game work, i have reinstalled it many times, but everytime i open it with the new route, no addon route appears. I have followed different tutorials from start to the end. The U5 route had an installer, after i have installed, i replaced the files to the right folder, but nothing in the game.
    Last edited by mj400; 07-26-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mj400 View Post
    Hi. I've a problem with my MSTS. When i install routes on the game, they doesn't appear when i open it. And if it appears, it doesn't work, "Error blablabla...," can't remember the error message. Am i doing anything wrong? Because the most of my train addons works fine. I have tried to run the program as administrator. It doesn't work. I hope anybody can fix this . Thx!
    As Eric suggested, Read that thread above...If you don't provide specific information, you won't get ANY help! Here is your solution based on info you provided: BLAH, BLAH. BLAH.. If that solution frustrates you, think for a minute how we are supposed to help you based on what you just posted! There are HUNDREDS of errors associated with MSTS...Do you just want us to pick an error at random, knd of like :"Lets make a Deal" Door #??? READ THE STICKIED THREAD AND PROVIDE US MORE SPECIFIC INFO!
    Last edited by frankoburns; 07-26-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    As Eric suggested, Read that thread above...If you don't provide specific information, you won't get ANY help! Here is your solution based on info you provided: BLAH, BLAH. BLAH.. If that solution frustrates you, think for a minute how we are supposed to help you based on what you just posted! There are HUNDREDS of errors associated with MSTS...Do you just want us to pick an error at random, knd of like :"Lets make a Deal" Door #??? READ THE STICKIED THREAD AND PROVIDE US MORE SPECIFIC INFO!
    I cannot find any more specific info. I have a Ubisoft EXclusive version of Microsoft Train Simulator. I don't know what to write more. I don't care about which error it was, just a FIX to my game, so i normally can install routes, and run them, without problems.

I cannot find any more specific info. I have a Ubisoft EXclusive version of Microsoft Train Simulator. I don't know what to write more. I don't care about which error it was, just a FIX to my game, so i normally can install routes, and run them, without problems.
    Here goes...Sounds like a bunch of LAZINESS to me...You want help?
    What OS are you running?
    What other routes do you have installed that ARE working ok?
    Do you have MSTS Bin installed?
    Were any activities included in the route that isn't working?
    Thats just the beginning! If you are too lazy to at least answer these SIMPLE questions and to read the above mentioned thread, WE are too lazy to figure out a solution for you!
    IF WE DON'T KNOW THE TEXT OF THE ERROR YOU ARE GETTING OR THE SYMPTOMS YOU ARE HAVING, WE CANNOT HELP YOU!
    Did you understand THAT?
    Last edited by frankoburns; 07-26-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

When i start it, there comes an error message, i cannot remember the text, but it could'nt load the route. Is there anything else i can do to try to get my game work.
    Yes, you can give us specific details of what has gone wrong in one particular incident.

Like what route were you trying to run, which of it's activities, using what rolling stock and what precisely do the error messages say !

Also, did you precisely follow all instructions on how to install add-ons as quoted in their READ-MEs ?

When did this start after you have re-installed MSTS from CD, adding what to MSTS ?

Have you downloaded and installed X-TRACKS, NewRoads and MSTSBin ?

I seem to remember that the Berlin U-Bahn uses it's own folders and Tsection.dat ?

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Yes, you can give us specific details of what has gone wrong in one particular incident.

Like what route were you trying to run, which of it's activities, using what rolling stock and what precisely do the error messages say !

Also, did you precisely follow all instructions on how to install add-ons as quoted in their READ-MEs ?

When did this start after you have re-installed MSTS from CD, adding what to MSTS ?

Have you downloaded and installed X-TRACKS, NewRoads and MSTSBin ?

I seem to remember that the Berlin U-Bahn uses it's own folders and Tsection.dat ?

O t t o
    The route doesn't appear, when i tried it, so no activity... Here is the link: http://www.u-bahn-linie-e.de/U-Bahn-...n-MSTS-V1.html, scroll down to the bottom, and there is both the route and the train. The readme redirects me to the same link for instructions, but i can't find anything there. This started the first time i installed a route. I have never been able to install them.
    I don't know the three files, only the last one frankoburns mentioned... I'll try to install them. Thanks Otto
    Oh, and that with the error was a mistake, i'm sorry

Ia ora na.
    I used the link you give, downloaded the file named U-Bahn Linie E Version 1.2.rar and then
    1) I unzipped it to create a folder called U-Bahn Linie E Version 1.2, where I found linie E V1.2 setup.exe;
    2) I launched it to create a temporary folder (which I called Ligne_E);

3) I got that tree:
    \Ligne_E
    ____ \Train Simulator
    _________ \Routes
    ____________ \Linie U5
    _________ \Sound
    _________ \Trains
    ____________ \Consists
    ____________ \Trainset
    _______________ \EIII

4) then I moved
    a) the folder \Linie U5 into my MSTS\Routes folder;
    b) the folder \EIII into my MSTS\Trains\Trainset folder;
    5) and added
    a) the content of \Sound into my MSTS\Sound folder;
    b) the content of \Consists into my MSTS\Trains\Consists folder;

and everything works fine, even without any other control: I can choose between ten activities; I tested two of them - no problem.

scroll down to the bottom [...]i can't find anything there
    When you scroll down to the bottom, you have three icons/links:
    a) one to a pdf file called Linie E Anleitung,
    b) one to the route and train rar file,
    c) one to another rar file (to translate activities from german into english).
    Did you download and read the pdf file (informations in german and english)?

Happy travels with MSTS.
    Last edited by xylonakau; 07-26-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Downloaded the route, ran it's linie E V1.2 setup.exe, pointed it to one of my Train Simulator folders and it runs out of the box:

www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/video/berlin-u-bahn.wmv

Having been released in 2007 it obviously does not use the default Tsection.dat and have X-Tracks installed, as can be seen by it's switches.

O t t o

So, everything works fine now, i only needed to download x-Tracks. Thank you so much for your help.