Thread: Are They Doing Another One?

Default Are They Doing Another One?

There seems to very little information at either the TML or Aerosoft site whether there is another World Of Subway title in the works and, if so, where it's located.

Anyone have any information they could share?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    There seems to very little information at either the TML or Aerosoft site whether there is another World Of Subway title in the works and, if so, where it's located.

Anyone have any information they could share?
    I recall talk about the Paris Metro, but this was at least a year ago.

if anyone's interested, i found this on the world of subway's wiki page:

"The founder of TML Studios Thomas Langelotz has confirmed that a World Of Subways Volume 4 will be developed and that it will be set across the Atlantic Ocean from Germany.[1] On 27 February 2013 it was confirmed that "Currently TML is working on WoS4" "

I for one can't wait to see what they do next and i have all three world of subways.

the details concerning world of subways 4 however are hard to understand basically because the translation from German to english is sketchy at best.

But from what i can understand, the reasoning behind no wos4 by now has to do with licensing and other legal matters that Germany is not making easy for TML. I suppose legal issues for the first three weren't so problematic but this time there are issues. there are supposedly many places that need to be notified of this and some are skeptical and others are just not interested.

It is mentioned that they have about 70% of what they need but it's not enough to start a game from that. the remaining 30% is the rest of the companies that are giving TML a headache.

This information was written in June of 2012, and it's the most current info i could find. and since in Feb. of this year, TML has confirmed that WOS4 is in production, i could guess they've ironed out all the legal problems and we could expect a new WOS in a couple years.

i posted the other info to give you guys an idea of why TML hasn't released a new one yet.
    Last edited by railfan101; 04-28-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: more up to date information
    Tom
    I am no longer active.
    PM me if you have a specific question.

That is a glimmer of good news at least.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go in next, WOS3 was reasonably good but suffered from a somewhat loose visual interpretation of London sub-surface Underground line appearance and rather shonky physics (trains rolling back uphill?). Their San Francisco transport game (not strictly a WOS) tried hard but again failed to deliver in the physics department and you had to play for ages before you could get off the buses and on to trams.

There are scores of potential prototypes - I'm assuming legal issues have to do with security and branding considerations. However something with more of a network would be more fun to play than a linear (or circular) route.