Thread: wipers

Talking wipers

Hi
    I have a question can any Diesel the windshield wipers be with "V" key turn on inside and outside.
    If so,HOW?

Thanks!
    fssarno
    Arno

P.S. I have some loco's from Streamline!

Not all models have wipers that animate. In any case, wiper animation is only visible on the outside -- never on the inside. Just a limitation of the MSTS programming.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    Not all models have wipers that animate. In any case, wiper animation is only visible on the outside -- never on the inside. Just a limitation of the MSTS programming.
    Just an idea for OR: If it would permit animated gif image files as an overlay picture for the front cabview picture, you could easily realize wipers, and even raindrops and rainwater running down your windshield, without much CPU strain and without any 3d modelling.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

One could always do it similar to how they did it in BVE / OpenBVE.

However, I also like the possibility that some addon vendors use to key the "V" key into sound generation. For instance, in some German DMUs, you can use the "V" key to start/shutdown your engines (sound only, not really) or to activate additional sounds like blowers and ventilator sounds.

Same is also achieved in some German addons - since at least in modern trains in Germany - there is little to none use for a bell - that the bell functionality is used to "start" / "shutdown" your engine.
    Cheers,
    Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    Eric, never say never. I have reversed vesions of most of my engines and all have a passenger view in the cab. When used on the rear I can see when the entire train has passed a speed limit sign and increase power. When the pass view is used it shows in most cases a not so great cab interior. This is the engine cabview ace. However, if the wipers are animated they do work and are visible from the inside. However their action leaves alot to be desired. I usually modify the shape file to deactivate the animation since they cannot be turned on/off with the V key. Just a useless tidbit.

John
    Last edited by DCRR1; 08-03-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Just give it time, someone will figure out how to allow you to see the wipers movement for the inside.
    HP ENVY x360 m6
    Windows 10 Home
    Process: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.71 GHz
    RAM: 12.00 GB 64 bit

That's a nifty trick with the model! There have been locomotive models with more detail/surface texture inside the cab so you get a better effect this way. It does push the polygon limits of MSTS, though, so I'm sure there are some trade-offs.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info